Mother of Samjhauta blast accused calls arrest 'illegal'
Buli Bai's lawyer said that he will make a plea in the court on Friday for early hearing of the petition.
Indore: A habeas corpus petition was on Thursday filed in the Madhya Pradesh High Court in Indore by the mother of an accused in 2007 Samjhauta Express blast case, questioning the "illegal" detention of her son by NIA. In her petition, Buli Bai (66) has claimed her son Dhan Singh was illegally arrested on December 17 by officials of National Investigation Agency (NIA).
She has named the investigating agency along with both central and the state governments as respondents in the case. Buli Bai's lawyer Dharmendra Chelawat told reporters that he will make a plea in the court on Friday for early hearing of the petition. "He has been illegally detained and still has not been presented before any court. His family is worried about him,"
A team of NIA officials had arrested Dhan Singh, a prime suspect in the 2007 Samjhauta Express blast case, on December 17 from Madhya Pradesh's Satna district. Singh, who was arrested from Chitrakoot following intelligence input, is also suspected to be involved in the 2008 Malegaon blasts case, according to sources.
- PM Urges Citizens to Send Their Messages to Jawans This Diwali
- 9.33 pc MMMTC stake sale today, 9.33 per cent shares to be sold off
- EGoM to meet today to decide 9.33 pc MMTC stake sale
- EGoM defers MMTC stake sale on valuation concerns
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Review: Genuinely Moving Drama With Terrific Performances by its Leads
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Movie Review: Soulfully Acted, It'll Strike a Chord With The Audience
- Missing Home This Diwali? 7 Movies to Make You Feel Closer to Your Loved Ones
- Twitter to Launch Diwali Emoji, Will Be Available Starting 28 Oct