Mother of Samjhauta blast accused calls arrest 'illegal'
Buli Bai's lawyer said that he will make a plea in the court on Friday for early hearing of the petition.
Indore: A habeas corpus petition was on Thursday filed in the Madhya Pradesh High Court in Indore by the mother of an accused in 2007 Samjhauta Express blast case, questioning the "illegal" detention of her son by NIA. In her petition, Buli Bai (66) has claimed her son Dhan Singh was illegally arrested on December 17 by officials of National Investigation Agency (NIA).
She has named the investigating agency along with both central and the state governments as respondents in the case. Buli Bai's lawyer Dharmendra Chelawat told reporters that he will make a plea in the court on Friday for early hearing of the petition. "He has been illegally detained and still has not been presented before any court. His family is worried about him,"
A team of NIA officials had arrested Dhan Singh, a prime suspect in the 2007 Samjhauta Express blast case, on December 17 from Madhya Pradesh's Satna district. Singh, who was arrested from Chitrakoot following intelligence input, is also suspected to be involved in the 2008 Malegaon blasts case, according to sources.
Recommended For You
- Claudio Ranieri Sacking Shows How Heartless Modern Day Football Is
- Kumble Defends Kohli & Co, Says It Was Just One Bad Day For India
- Jackie Review: Natalie Portman Shines In The Shoes Of Jacqueline Kennedy
- Baahubali 2 Motion Poster Indicates Just How Epic the Film Is Going to Be
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology