DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Mother taught me to overcome problems: Hilary Swank
Oscar winner Hilary Swank has said that her mother taught her to overcome personal problems.
London: Double Oscar winner Hilary Swank has said that her mother taught her to overcome personal problems and fight through adversity.
The 38-year-old actress, who is expected to be among the award winners again for her role as a terminally ill woman in tearjerker drama 'Youre Not You', said they slept in the car when she was 15 after they took off from home for Hollywood, reported Sun online.
"My mom, Judy, taught me to overcome personal problems. Her marriage to my father collapsed, she lost her job and we had little money. But though she was unhappy and uncertain, she smiled through it and believed in me.
"When I was 15 we took off together from our home in Washington state to Hollywood. I wanted to be an actress and she had faith in me to earn a living from it. That kind of faith is all I needed. We slept in the car. I didn't see it as anything sad or bad. I was about to live my dream," said Swank.
The 'Million Dollar Baby' star added that during the day, her mother would go to a pay phone with piles of quarters and dial agents trying to convince them to see Swank.
Recommended For You
- War Machine Review: Brad Pitt Is Disappointing In This Satire Gone Wrong
- 'Missing' Chennai-based Model Gaanam Nair Returns Home
- List of Top Five Bikes to Buy in Less Than Rs 1 Lakh: The One That's Meant For You
- Jab We Met, Chak De! India and Other Films That Turn 10 in 2017
- Nana Patekar Bags Key Role In Kaala Karikaalan