Motorola Mobility officially shuts down its Indian website
In August, Motorola had announced to shut almost a third of its offices across the world.
New Delhi: In August, Motorola had announced to axe 20 per cent of its global work force, and shut almost a third of its offices across the world. And now the company seems to have started its process. The company has now shut down its India website.
If you go the Motorola website you will get a message that reads, "Important Message to our customers in India. We are streamlining our business and support systems, and unfortunately, we'll no longer have a dedicated website for India. Your local support site will remain open well into the future, and we'll continue to provide support for our existing products.
Google acquired Motorola Mobility for $12.5 billion in May this year. Motorola Mobility, which separated from the now-independent Motorola Solutions experienced heavy losses last year.
Google said in a filing to the US Securities and Exchange Commission, "These changes are designed to return Motorola's mobile devices unit to profitability, after it lost money in fourteen of the last sixteen quarters".
- Salman Khan's Recent Photo With Nephew Ahil is Just Too Heart-warming
- Pakistan Will Pay Heavy Price if it Attacks our Troops: BSF Official
- Watch: Karan Johar Reveals His Funniest Moments On Koffee With Karan
- Bigg Boss 10, Day 6: Salman Khan Loves Lokesh's Funny Antics
- Akhilesh Yadav Downplays Samajwadi Party Feud, To Focus on Polls
- Samajwadi Party is United, No Rift Family: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Mulayam Singh Jealous of Akhilesh Yadav's Popularity: Ram Gopal Yadav
- Everything is Fine in Samajwadi Party, Says Shivpal Singh Yadav