DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Motorola Mobility officially shuts down its Indian website
In August, Motorola had announced to shut almost a third of its offices across the world.
New Delhi: In August, Motorola had announced to axe 20 per cent of its global work force, and shut almost a third of its offices across the world. And now the company seems to have started its process. The company has now shut down its India website.
If you go the Motorola website you will get a message that reads, "Important Message to our customers in India. We are streamlining our business and support systems, and unfortunately, we'll no longer have a dedicated website for India. Your local support site will remain open well into the future, and we'll continue to provide support for our existing products.
Google acquired Motorola Mobility for $12.5 billion in May this year. Motorola Mobility, which separated from the now-independent Motorola Solutions experienced heavy losses last year.
Google said in a filing to the US Securities and Exchange Commission, "These changes are designed to return Motorola's mobile devices unit to profitability, after it lost money in fourteen of the last sixteen quarters".
Recommended For You
- Trescothick Takes Wonder Catch and Scores 50th Century For Somerset
- Moto C, Moto C Plus Unveiled: Price, Specifications and More
- Saif Ali Khan Opens Up About Ex-wife Amrita Singh In This Old Interview
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Ford Names James Hackett As New CEO