Motorola Moto G smartphone to be launched today, likely to be available starting Nov 14
Details of the Moto G leaked out over the weekend, when a version appeared on Amazon's UK website at a price of 160 pounds, without a contract.
Bangalore: Google Inc's Motorola unit is expected to unveil a relatively low-cost phone on Wednesday, amid weak sales of its flagship Moto X model, the Wall Street Journal reported, citing people familiar with the matter.
Details of the new, cheaper Moto G leaked out over the weekend, when a version appeared on Amazon.com's UK website at a price of 160 pounds, without a contract from a cellphone carrier. In the United States, the phone would be cheaper, the journal reported. The Amazon listing also disclosed that the phone will be available starting from November 14.
The company has invited users to sign up for the live online announcement.
The Moto G, which will be formally introduced at an event in Brazil on Wednesday, arrives amid disappointing early sales data for the Moto X, the newspaper said.
Meanwhile, Motorola on Monday cut the US price of its high-end Moto X with a two-year carrier contract to $100 from $200, as sales of that device have proven disappointing, the journal said.
Motorola could not immediately be reached for comment by Reuters outside of regular US business hours.
- BCCI Seeks Directives From Lodha Panel on Media Rights Tender
- Let's See to What Extent Order is Carried Out by BCCI: Justice Lodha
- Justice Lodha Speaks on SC's Decision to Curb BCCI's Financial Prowess
- BCCI vs Lodha: SC Limits BCCI's Financial Powers, Asks Panel to Appoint Auditor
- Karan Johar Vs MNS: CM Fadnavis Turns Peacemaker
- Ranji Trophy, Group A: Mumbai 290/5 After Herwadkar Ton; Mukund Puts Tamil Nadu in Control
- DMK Will Not Let Minority Rights to be Snatched Through UCC: Stalin
- Jayalalithaa 'Progressing Well', Says TN Governor After Hospital Visit