Motorola Moto G smartphone to be launched today, likely to be available starting Nov 14
Details of the Moto G leaked out over the weekend, when a version appeared on Amazon's UK website at a price of 160 pounds, without a contract.
Bangalore: Google Inc's Motorola unit is expected to unveil a relatively low-cost phone on Wednesday, amid weak sales of its flagship Moto X model, the Wall Street Journal reported, citing people familiar with the matter.
Details of the new, cheaper Moto G leaked out over the weekend, when a version appeared on Amazon.com's UK website at a price of 160 pounds, without a contract from a cellphone carrier. In the United States, the phone would be cheaper, the journal reported. The Amazon listing also disclosed that the phone will be available starting from November 14.
The company has invited users to sign up for the live online announcement.
The Moto G, which will be formally introduced at an event in Brazil on Wednesday, arrives amid disappointing early sales data for the Moto X, the newspaper said.
Meanwhile, Motorola on Monday cut the US price of its high-end Moto X with a two-year carrier contract to $100 from $200, as sales of that device have proven disappointing, the journal said.
Motorola could not immediately be reached for comment by Reuters outside of regular US business hours.
Recommended For You
- Porter's Son Thangarasu Natarajan: From Tennis Ball Star to IPL Big Bucks
- Man Purposely Damages Tesla Model S to Save a Life, Gets Compensation
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Nominees For Best Singer (Male)
- Kangana, Shahid Promote Rangoon on TKSS: 5 Laugh Out Loud Moments
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More