DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Movie to be made on JK Rowling's life
Actress Poppy Montgomery is said to be playing the writer in the film.
London: Harry Potter author JK Rowling's life story is to be turned into a movie.
Rowling - who went from being a single mother receiving state benefits to being worth an estimated $804 million following the worldwide success of the schoolboy wizard franchise - will be portrayed in the film by actress Poppy Montgomery, known for her role as FBI agent Samantha Spade in US TV series "Without a Trace".
Entitled Strange Magic, the movie will feature details of the writer's early life in Britain, as well as explaining how the Harry Potter concept was envisaged while the 45-year-old author was on a train journey from Manchester to London, reports contactmusic.com.
After revisiting her former cramped Edinburgh flat - where she penned the first book in the franchise, Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone - with a British TV crew, Rowling broke down in tears.
"I feel I really became myself here. This is where I turned my life around. I'd made such a mess of things. So I just thought, 'Well, I want to write' - and I wrote the book," she said.
Recommended For You
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- 'Missing' Chennai-based Model Gaanam Nair Returns Home
- Did Priyanka Just Talk About Her Relationship With SRK?
- Virat Kohli and Co Take Time Off After Practicing Hard in London
- War Machine Review: Brad Pitt Is Disappointing In This Satire Gone Wrong