MP: 5 including a BJP corporator gangrape woman
While BJP corporator from Datia Municipal Council Balkishen Kushwaha has been identified as one of the accused, the police were yet to make any arrests in the case.
Datia: A 22-year-old woman was allegedly gangraped by five persons, including a BJP corporator, near Dang Karera village in the district, police said on Wednesday. The incident took place on Monday night, an officer from Jigna Police Station in Datia said. BJP corporator from Datia Municipal Council, Balkishen Kushwaha, has been identified as one of the five accused, police said, adding they were yet to make any arrests in the case.
An FIR has been registered against the five accused in the case, they said. The accused, who were carrying weapons, raped the woman near Dang Karera village when she was returning from Shersha village with her brother in-law, police said. The woman told the police that the accused stopped them and attacked her brother in-law and then raped her. She has been sent for medical examination, the police added.
Targeting the state government over the incident, Leader of the Opposition in the Madhya Pradesh Assembly Ajay Singh said Datia district has now become the crime capital of the state, as a Swiss tourist had also been gangraped in a forest area in the district on the night of March 15. Ajay Singh said that it was "shameful" that a BJP corporator was one of the accused in the case.
- India Jumps 16 Places in Global Competitiveness Index
- Lenovo Z2 Plus With Snapdragon 820 Processor Launched At Rs 17,999
- Lenovo Z2 Plus Smartphone to Launch on September 22
- Mouni Roy's Vacation Photos Will Give You Serious Travel Goals
- SpaceX Chief Elon Musk Unveils Plans That Could Take Humans to Mars Very Soon
- SpaceX CEO Elon Musk Promises 'Fun' Trip to Mars Colony
- Navjot Singh Sidhu Not Leaving The Kapil Sharma Show
- Mukesh Ambani the Richest Indian With Net Worth of $22.7 Billion: Forbes