DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
MP: Government school teacher suspended for disrespecting religion
The teacher apparently spent nearly Rs 10 lakh on his "abhishek" and put up nearly 600 hoardings in the city.
Sagar: A government school teacher who received the President's medal for meritorious service was suspended on Wednesday for getting his own "abhishek" (religious ritual) done on the occasion of the recent Guru Purnima festival and allegedly hurt religious sentiments of the majority community.
As per the Hindu religion, only gods are entitled for an "abhishek" and not a human being. Mahendra Pratap Tiwari was suspended by Sagar Divisional Commissioner Rajkumar Mathur for allegedly disrespecting Hindu religion after a complaint was filed against him, official sources said.
Tiwari apparently spent nearly Rs 10 lakh on his "abhishek" and put up nearly 600 hoardings in the city, distributed 15,000 invitation cards and published large advertisements in newspapers.
Recommended For You
- Champions Trophy 2017: Virat Kohli and Co Arrive in London
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- On Kumble, Kohli Says BCCI Following Due Process By Inviting Fresh Applications
- It's Official: OnePlus 5 to Be India's First Phone With Qualcomm Snapdragon 835
- Bollywood Stars Join Sachin Tendulkar For A Billion Dreams Premiere