MP govt gives Rs 15 lakh aid to martyr soldier's family
Lance Naik Sudhakar Singh was killed in a brutal manner by Pakistan Army at the LoC on January 8.
Sidhi: Madhya Pradesh Public Works Department (PWD) Minister Nagendra Singh today handed over a cheque of Rs 15 lakh to the widow of martyred Lance Naik Sudhakar Singh at his ancestral village Dadhia. Lance Naik Sudhakar Singh was killed in a brutal manner by Pakistan Army at the LoC in Mendhar sector of Jammu region on January 8.
The Minister handed over the cheque of Rs 15 lakh to the slain soldier's wife, Durga, as announced by Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan. Later, when asked about the action India should take to deal with the situation, Nagendra Singh told mediapersons here that the Centre would take appropriate action at the right time.
After taking part in the funeral of Lance Naik Sudhakar at his ancestral village last week, Chouhan had announced an ex-gratia of Rs 15 lakh to the kin of the martyred armyman, a government job to his wife at the place of her choice and constructing a memorial in the village in his honour. MLAs Kedarnath Shukla and Vihwamitra Pathak (both BJP), Sidhi Collector Masood Akhtar and other senior officials were present on the occasion.
Recommended For You
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Alia Is Ahead of Sonam in Best Actress Category
- Vijay Hazare Trophy: MS Dhoni Scores 43 But Jharkhand Loses to Karnataka
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Amit Trivedi Gives Competition to Pritam in Best Music Category
- Fitness Freak Jacqueline Fernandez Loves Trying Different Workout Routines
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology