MP govt gives Rs 15 lakh aid to martyr soldier's family
Lance Naik Sudhakar Singh was killed in a brutal manner by Pakistan Army at the LoC on January 8.
Sidhi: Madhya Pradesh Public Works Department (PWD) Minister Nagendra Singh today handed over a cheque of Rs 15 lakh to the widow of martyred Lance Naik Sudhakar Singh at his ancestral village Dadhia. Lance Naik Sudhakar Singh was killed in a brutal manner by Pakistan Army at the LoC in Mendhar sector of Jammu region on January 8.
The Minister handed over the cheque of Rs 15 lakh to the slain soldier's wife, Durga, as announced by Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan. Later, when asked about the action India should take to deal with the situation, Nagendra Singh told mediapersons here that the Centre would take appropriate action at the right time.
After taking part in the funeral of Lance Naik Sudhakar at his ancestral village last week, Chouhan had announced an ex-gratia of Rs 15 lakh to the kin of the martyred armyman, a government job to his wife at the place of her choice and constructing a memorial in the village in his honour. MLAs Kedarnath Shukla and Vihwamitra Pathak (both BJP), Sidhi Collector Masood Akhtar and other senior officials were present on the occasion.
- Colombia, Marxist Rebels Sign Accord Ending 52-Year War
- Some of Lodha Recommendations Are Too Much: Sunil Gavaskar and Kapil Dev
- 'Let Loose the Yellow Butterflies', Say FARC Rebels Approving Peace Accord With Colombia
- India's Test Captains Felicitated Before Start of 500th Test
- Mirzya New Trailer is All About Love, Passion and Music
- Nobody Employed Me, Says Gulzar on Screenplay Sabbatical
- Films Will Create My Identity: Harshvardhan Kapoor
- Philippine Leader Takes Thinly Veiled Dig at US