'MP govt protecting mining, liquor mafia'
Leader of the Opposition in Madhya Pradesh Assembly Ajay Singh on Saturday charged the BJP-led state government with giving protection to the mining and liquor mafia.
Morena (MP): Leader of the Opposition in Madhya Pradesh Assembly Ajay Singh on Saturday charged the BJP-led state government with giving protection to the mining and liquor mafia.
Asserting that a situation of anarchy was prevailing in Madhya Pradesh, Singh said to oppose this the Congress has given a call for a statewide bandh on March 13.
Speaking to the media he claimed that the law and order situation in the state had totally collapsed and the state government was doing nothing to improve it.
"Illegal mining is at its peak in many districts in Madhya Pradesh at present... .... illegal mining and liquor mafia cannot flourish without the protection of the state government", alleged Singh, who visited the spot where young IPS officer Narendra Kumar Singh was crushed to death on Holi day.
On the day the IPS officer was killed, the liquor mafia had beaten up another such officer in Bhind district and the day before killed an assistant sub-inspector of police at Mandleshwar in Khargone district, the opposition leader stated.
Recommended For You
- Football Legend Pele's Son to Serve Drug-related Prison Sentence
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Alia Is Ahead of Sonam in Best Actress Category
- Lion Movie Review: A Deeply Moving, Inspiring Film
- Baahubali 2 Motion Poster Indicates Just How Epic the Film Is Going to Be
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology