'MP govt protecting mining, liquor mafia'
Leader of the Opposition in Madhya Pradesh Assembly Ajay Singh on Saturday charged the BJP-led state government with giving protection to the mining and liquor mafia.
Morena (MP): Leader of the Opposition in Madhya Pradesh Assembly Ajay Singh on Saturday charged the BJP-led state government with giving protection to the mining and liquor mafia.
Asserting that a situation of anarchy was prevailing in Madhya Pradesh, Singh said to oppose this the Congress has given a call for a statewide bandh on March 13.
Speaking to the media he claimed that the law and order situation in the state had totally collapsed and the state government was doing nothing to improve it.
"Illegal mining is at its peak in many districts in Madhya Pradesh at present... .... illegal mining and liquor mafia cannot flourish without the protection of the state government", alleged Singh, who visited the spot where young IPS officer Narendra Kumar Singh was crushed to death on Holi day.
On the day the IPS officer was killed, the liquor mafia had beaten up another such officer in Bhind district and the day before killed an assistant sub-inspector of police at Mandleshwar in Khargone district, the opposition leader stated.
- Samajwadi Party Youth Wing Torches Effigy of Amar Singh
- News360: Can Patriarch MSY Solve Chacha-Bhatija Spat?
- Amar Singh Got Akhilesh Story Planted in Newspaper: Ashu Malik
- SP's Abu Azmi Lashes Out at Amar Singh, Blames him For Crisis in Party
- Asian Champions Trophy 2016: South Korea Strengthen Semifinal Claim With 5-3 Win Over China
- How Samajwadi Party Will Look Like if it Splits
- Samajwadi Party's Old Guard May Need Akhilesh's 'Youth Appeal' in 2017 Polls
- Samajwadi Party Rift: Mulayam Backs Amar, Shivpal; Meet Ends in Acrimony