MP: Lokayukta raids electricity board staff's house
Police said details of 22 properties owned by him worth crores of rupees were found.
Bhopal: Lokayukta police on Tuesday raided the residence of an employee of a state power company and found details of assets disproportionate to his known sources of income.
Acting on a tip-off, Lokayukta sleuths raided home of Arjun Das Lalwani, posted as Assistant Grade II clerk in the commercial section of Madhya Pradesh Madhya Kshetra Vidyut Vitran Company at its Govindpura Office, Lokayukta SP Siddharth Choudhary told PTI.
Details of 22 properties owned by him worth crores of rupees were found, police said, adding, documents of about Rs 53 lakh invested in fixed deposits, National Saving Certificates (NSC) and in vehicles were also recovered.
They also found papers of 12 shops owned by Lalwani in MP Nagar, Malviya Nagar and Bairagarh areas of the city. The police team found him to be owning four plots of land, two houses and two tracts of agriculture land.
The valuation of the assets found from Lalwani's possession is being calculated, the SP said, adding, police also found 27 bank accounts in his and his family members' names.
- Hillary Clinton's Win Would Result in Spread of ISIS: Donald Trump
- Trump Gains on Clinton, Poll Shows 'Rigged' Message Resonates
- Donald Trump Seeks to Bar Sexual Misconduct Claims from Trump University Trial
- Hillary Clinton, Trump Spending Furiously as Election Day Approaches
- Cycle to Motorcycle? How Ram Gopal Yadav's Trip to EC Created a Stir
- Meet the Man Who is Giving Music to Akhilesh's Campaign as Samajwadi Party Gets Lost in Surround Sound
- Akhilesh Will Be CM, Ready to Give it in Writing on Stamp Paper, Says an Emotional Shivpal
- Akhilesh Targeted By Stepmother, Black Magic Used: SP MLC