MP: Man facing rape trial hangs himself at home
In his suicide note, Roopkishore, who had been granted bail, blamed his accuser of blackmailing him over some property dispute.
Indore: A 53-year-old man facing trial for raping his tenant in 2012, allegedly committed suicide at his house in Indore while on bail, police said on Monday. However, family members of Roopkishore, who hanged himself at his residence at Ganeshdham Colony on Sunday, claimed that he blamed the 33-year-old woman for falsely implicating him in the rape case and demanding his property to settle the case, in his suicide note.
"Roopkishore was booked under section 376 of IPC for allegedly raping the woman, who was staying as tenant at his house along with her husband, on December 26 last year", said Palasia Thana Incharge Pradeep Singh Ranawat. He said Roopkishore had also filed a counter FIR alleging that the woman was blackmailing him over some property-related dispute.
A local court had granted Roopkishore bail on March 8. "The woman and her husband framed me in the rape case and are seeking my property to settle the case", Ranawat said quoting from the suicide note left behind by Roopkishore.
His family members submitted the note to police. "Since the trial is on (in the rape case), the suicide note would be referred to the court", the officer said, adding that police will take further action as per the directions of the court.
Recommended For You
- Man Purposely Damages Tesla Model S to Save a Life, Gets Compensation
- Running Shaadi Review: It's Weighed Down by Choppy Editing, Inconsistent Screenplay
- Jaguar XE, XF and F-Pace Owners Can Soon Pay for Fuel Through Their Infotainment System
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Nominees For Best Singer (Male)
- India A vs Australia: Shreyas Iyer Slams 202* As Match Ends in Draw