MP: 14-year-old attempts suicide after rape bid
The girl said in her statement that she felt 'humiliated' after a youth attempted to rape her.
Bhopal: A 14-year-old girl is battling for her life after she attempted suicide. The teenager set herself ablaze following an alleged rape bid by a youth two days back.
She is in a hospital in Udaipur, Rajasthan now and her condition is said to be critical. The girl said in her statement that she felt 'humiliated' after a youth attempted to rape her.
The accused, Pratap Singh, reportedly tried to rape her in Mandsaur, but the girl, managed to escape from the spot. Singh has been arrested and further investigations are on.
With Additional Inputs from PTI
- After Rita Bahuguna Joshi's Exit, More Congress Veterans Eye BJP
- Death of 15 Birds in Gwalior Zoo Rings Alarm Bells
- Let's See to What Extent Order is Carried Out by BCCI: Justice Lodha
- Debit Card Fraud: Jaitley Seeks Report, Says Aim is to Contain Damage
- Akhilesh Will Be CM, Ready to Give it in Writing on Stamp Paper, Says An Emotional Shivpal
- Akhilesh Targeted By Stepmother, Black Magic Used: SP MLC
- Apple Launch Event on October 27: What to Expect?
- 90% Apple Lightning-to-USB Cables Sold on Amazon, Groupon Are Fake
From Our Network
- AAP in new packaging: Is Swaraj India cloning old party by targeting Varun Gandhi?- FirstPost
- Senior SP leaders to mediate between Akhilesh Yadav and Mulayam Singh to resolve contentious issues - Pradesh18
- Did MLA Satyadev Katare die due to Assembly's 'bad vastu', asks Kailash Vijayvargiya - Pradesh18