MP Sachin Tendulkar wants sports to be a compulsory activity
Tendulkar has made suggestions in a letter to the HRD Ministry, which has invited him for a detailed presentation.
New Delhi: Star India batsman and Member of Parliament Sachin Tendulkar has some plans to improve the sports culture in India, and he wants to share that in detail with the government. By integrating it with the education system, Tendulkar wants sports to be a compulsory activity in all educational institutes.
Tendulkar entered the Rajya Sabha four months back but it hasn't taken long for the icon to come up with a detailed plan to promote sports culture among generation next. The Mumbaikar, in a letter written to the Human Resources Development (HRD) Minister Kapil Sibal, has made some suggestions while expressing his desire to meet Sibal for a detailed discussion on the proposal.
The ministry has welcomed Tendulkar's initiative and has invited him for a detailed presentation.
"We welcome Sachin Tendulkar's proposal and I have already written to him inviting him for a presentation so that the details can be talked through. Once that is done, we will ask both CBSE and NCERT to look into how sports can be made an integral part of the school curriculum", Sibal was quoted as saying by The Indian Express.
Recommended For You
- D-DAY POSTPONEDSupreme Court Adjourns BCCI-Lodha Panel Verdict Till Friday
- On Fire!Koffee With Karan: Parineeti Outshines Aditya With Her Wit And Charm
- EXCLUSIVE PICTURESSourav Ganguly - Dada of Gully Cricket
- DisgustingBertolucci's Rape Scene Confession on the Sets of 'Last Tango in Paris' Leaves Hollywood Shocked
- Dead Rises AgainThe Mummy Trailer: Tom Cruise Starrer Reboot Rides High on Action