MP: Slain IPS officer's wife delivers baby boy
IPS officer Narendra Kumar was crushed under the wheels of a tractor driven by an alleged member of the mining mafia in MP.
New Delhi: The wife of IPS officer Narendra Kumar Singh, who was killed for taking on illegal mining mafia in Madhya Pradesh early this month, today delivered a baby boy at a hospital in New Delhi. Kumar's wife Madhurani Tewatia, also an IAS officer of 2000 batch, was admitted to Ram Manohar Lohia Hospital on Sunday.
"Madhurani has delivered a baby boy at 10.30 AM. It was a cesarean delivery. The boy is healthy and all fine. She was to deliver this coming Thursday but then it happened this morning," a doctor with the gynaecology department of the hospital said.
Kumar, 30, was crushed under wheels of a tractor driven by an alleged member of the mining mafia in Madhya Pradesh on March 8.
Madhurani, who is posted in Gwalior, was on maternity leave when the incident happened. She has demanded for a CBI inquiry into the incident. The Chief Minister had ordered a judicial inquiry into the killing.
Recommended For You
- I Had Warned BCCI Against Preparing a Dry Pitch: Pune Curator
- Priyanka Chopra Slays In This Oscars After Party Ensemble
- Koffee With Karan: Kapil Sharma's Episode Is Going to Be the Funniest One Ever
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- 'Indecision' Review System: India Get 17 Out of 55 Calls Right