MP: Two brothers rape two minor tribal girls
The girls aged 14 and 15 years were raped on January 9 and 13.
Shivpuri: Two minor tribal girls were allegedly raped by two brothers near the construction site of the proposed Kakaito Dam under the Govardhan police station recently, the police said on Wednesday. A driver and an electrician raped the two girls - aged 14 and 15 years - on January 9 and 13 respectively, they said.
The brothers - Ganesh and Laxman Sahu - are from Odisha. After committing the crime, the police said the duo dropped the girls near their village Buddha, where the victims then narrated the incident to their parents.
Enraged over the incident, tribals reached the dam construction site and beat up a number of people including a supervisor Virendra Dhakad. Later, the police reached the spot to control the situation and arrested Ganesh and Laxman under Section 376 of the Indian Penal Code for rape and the SC/ST Act. The police also registered a case against enraged tribals for indulging in violence.
- India Jumps 16 Places in Global Competitiveness Index
- Former Israeli Prime Minister, Nobel Prize Winner Shimon Peres Passes Away
- Lisa Haydon Just Announced Her Marriage to Boyfriend Dino Lalvani
- Jordanian Writer Assassinated Over Controversial Cartoon
- Karnataka Defers Cauvery Water Release to Thursday
- Karnataka Parties Against Release of Cauvery Water
- Siddaramaiah Says Not Possible To Release Water Right Away
- Cauvery Row: Release Water to Tamil Nadu, SC tells Karnataka