MP: Woman in ICU after being 'tortured' by policemen
The victim's relative alleged that the policemen verbally abused the woman and dragged her by hair when she was alone in the house.
Indore: A 45-year-old woman was admitted to a private hospital's intensive care unit (ICU) after she suffered a heart ailment caused allegedly when she was dragged by her hair and physically tortured by policemen, the victim's relative said in Indore on Friday. The victim, Meera Morya was taken to Bhandari Hospital from Heeranagar police station as her health deteriorated after torture, her nephew Vijay Hardia said. She was admitted to the ICU where her condition was stable on Friday morning, hospital sources said.
Meera's relatives and friends had to collect donations to meet the cost of her treatment, Hardia said. "Three cops from Heeranagar police station, along with the neighbourhood constable GP Pandey, dragged Meera from Janakpuri on Thursday by her hair, when she was alone in the forenoon, without allowing her to call anybody. My aunt (Meera) was verbally abused, misbehaved with and beaten up by them," her nephew Hardia said.
The alleged police misbehaviour appears to be motivated by the refusal to accept the hoodlum-like behaviour of neighbourhood cop GP Pandey's wife Nirmala, who used to allegedly threaten locals almost everyday, pick up quarrels with other women in the locality and get into altercations, for which she was allegedly being shielded by the cop, he said.
Constable Pandey called the Heeranagar police station cops to harass Meera and took her there, he said. After an FIR was filed by Meera's relative, the police instituted an inquiry to be conducted by Superintendent of Police Rajesh Dandotiya, SP (East) OP Tripathi said. Tripathi said the matter was under investigation and claimed that according to the police station in-charge, a woman constable had accompained the group of male cops to Meera's house.
Beside, Meera had high blood pressure and not a heart attack, he said. Meanwhile, SP Rajesh Dandotiya, who is investigating the case, said he is collecting information and facts from the Heeranagar police station, and that anyone found guilty would be punished.
- Death of 15 Birds in Gwalior Zoo Rings Alarm Bells
- Bihar Dy CM Tejaswi Gets 44,000 Marriage Proposals On WhatsApp
- Reliance Jio 4G Speeds Slow? Here's What You Need to Know About Daily FUP
- Ranbir Kapoor, Anushka Sharma Explain Why Working With Karan Johar is Special
- Donald Trump Seeks to Bar Sexual Misconduct Claims from Trump University Trial
- Meet the Man Who is Giving Music to Akhilesh's Campaign as Samajwadi Party Gets Lost in Surround Sound
- Akhilesh Will Be CM, Ready to Give it in Writing on Stamp Paper, Says an Emotional Shivpal
- Hillary Clinton, Trump Spending Furiously as Election Day Approaches