MSD's cheque had wrong account number: official
Indian cricket captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni's cheque was in favour of Ranchi Municipal Corporation.
Ranchi: Indian cricket captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni's cheque of Rs 645 to pay house tax was returned by a nationalised bank due to wrong account number.
The cheque was in favour of Ranchi Municipal Corporation and the payment to be made towards holding tax for Dhoni's house at Harmu under Doranda circle.
"It has not bounced. The cheque dated March 15 was returned (by the bank) due to wrong account number. It's a human error," Ranchi Municipal Corporation's Chief Executive Officer Vinay Chowbey said on Saturday.
"We will request the owner of the holding tax (Dhoni) for a fresh cheque," he said without taking the cricketer's name. Dhoni's brother-in-law Gautam Gupta could not be contacted as his mobile phone was switched off.
- Uri Attack: JuD Claims Responsibility For The Terror Assault, Pak Under Pressure
- US Asks Pak to Act Against Terror Groups Who Attack Neighbours
- UN Chief Condemns Terror Attack on Police Academy in Quetta
- Pakistan Selectors Name Unchanged Squad for 3rd Test Against West Indies
- Samajwadi Party Feud: Shivpal Yadav Vacates Official Residence
- Samajwadi Party Feud: Akhilesh Briefs Governor on Political Crisis
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: Shivpal Expels Akhilesh's Aide Pawan Pandey From Party
- Samajwadi Party Live: Mulayam Singh 'Ready In Principle' to Ally With Congress-RLD, Hints Shivpal Yadav