Mukesh Ambani tops Hurun India rich list
Others on the list are LN Mittal, Azim Premji, Dilip Shanghvi, Pallonji Mistry, Shashi and Ravi Ruia and Adi Godrej.
New Delhi: Reliance Industries chairman Mukesh Ambani, with a personal fortune of $19.3 billion, is the richest Indian, China-based research firm Hurun said in a report Wednesday. Ambani is followed by Arcelor-Mittal chief LN Mittal, whose wealth is pegged at $16.9 billion. In terms of personal fortune, Ambani and Mittal are followed by Azim Premji of Wipro ($12.3 billion), Dilip Shanghvi of Sun Pharmaceuticals ($8.5 billion), Pallonji Mistry of Shapoorji Pallonji & Co, the largest shareholder in Tata Group ($7.9 billion), Shashi and Ravi Ruia of Essar Energy ($7.2 billion) and Adi Godrej of Godrej Group ($6.9 billion).
Four others who make it to the list of top 10 billionaires are Kushal Pal Singh of DLF ($6.3 billion), Kumara Mangalam Birla of Grasim Industries ($5.8 billion), Shiv Nadar of HCL Technology ($5.7 billion) and Sunil Mittal of Bharti Airtel ($5.7 billion). Savitri Jindal, non-executive chairperson of OP Jindal Group, is the richest Indian woman with personal fortune of $5.6 billion, while Kiran Mazumdar-Shaw of Biocon is the richest self-made woman with a personal wealth of $600 million.
Mazumdar-Shaw is the only self-made woman in the list of top 100 richest Indians. Sixty-two per cent individuals in the Hurun India Rich List are self-made. For determining India's 100 wealthiest persons, the report says the minimum cut-off mark for finding a place in the coveted list was $330 million.
Just five of the top 100 rich Indians are women. Among the women rich list, Savitri Jindal is followed by Indu Jain of Bennett Coleman with $1.7 billion, Anu Aga of Thermax with $690 million, Mazumdar-Shaw of Biocon with $600 million and Shobhana Bhartia of Hindustan Times with $490 million.
Mumbai is home to 36 of India's richest 100, followed by Delhi and Bangalore with 22 and 15, respectively. Five of the top 100 are based outside India, including the second richest person LN Mittal, who is based in London.
- Samajwadi Party Truce: Akhilesh Yadav to Reinstate Shivpal Yadav, 3 Ministers
- Akhilesh Fantastic CM but Needs Time to Be Mass Leader: Amar Singh
- Despite Mulayam's Peace Efforts, Rift Widens Between Akhilesh, Shivpal
- Neelabh's Toon: Akhilesh, Shivpal Spar Creates Rift in Samajwadi Party
- Tata Group Stocks Fall on Mistry's Ouster; Tata Steel Down 3%
- Cyrus Mistry's Exit May Trigger Major Correction in Tata Stocks: Experts
- Shapoorji Pallonji Likely to Contest Cyrus Mistry's Ouster From Tata Sons
- Tata Sons Disbands Group Executive Council Set up by Cyrus Mistry