Mukul Roy announces Rs 75 lakh award for Sushil
Railways Minister Mukul Roy also announced a cash award of Rs 1 lakh to coach Satpal Singh.
Kolkata: Railways Minister Mukul Roy on Sunday announced a cash award of Rs 75 lakh to Sushil Kumar who won the silver medal in the 66-kg class free style wrestling at the London Olympics.
The minister also announced a cash award of Rs 1 lakh to coach Satpal Singh.
Roy said, "I congratulate him for his performance and we are proud of Sushil Kumar as he is a part of the railway family."
The minister said the Railways would continue to support and inspire sporting personalities who are part of the family.
Kumar, who is an employee of Indian railways, settled for silver after he was defeated on Sunday by Japanese wrestler Tatsuhiro Yonemitsu in the finals.
Recommended For You
- Nokia 6, 5, 3, and 3310 Launched at MWC 2017: All You Need to Know
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic Powers Manchester United to League Cup Glory
- Priyanka Chopra, Deepika Padukone Turn The Heat Up At Pre-Oscar 2017 Party
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- Oscars 2017: Why Dev Patel Deserves to Win for Lion