DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Supreme Court to hear Mullaperiyar dam row today
The SC is hearing a case filed by Tamil Nadu against a law passed by Kerala in 2006 restricting the water level in the dam to 136 ft.
New Delhi: The Supreme Court will begin hearing final arguments in the contentious Mullaperiyar dam row between Kerala and Tamil Nadu on Tuesday. There has been tension between the two states over the safety of the dam which is 120 years old.
The SC is hearing a case filed by Tamil Nadu against a law passed by Kerala in 2006 restricting the water level in the dam to 136 ft. However, the apex court had permitted Tamil Nadu to raise the water level up to 142 ft.
The Tamil Nadu government is managing the dam ever since its inception. Kerala had in 2010 had advocated dismantling of the dam, holding that its structure was not safe, while Tamil Nadu opposed it.
Recommended For You
- Govt Says No Chance of Indo-Pak Bilateral Series in Current Scenario
- War Machine Review: Brad Pitt Is Disappointing In This Satire Gone Wrong
- Did Priyanka Chopra Just Talk About Her Relationship With Shah Rukh Khan?
- Vinod Kambli Shares Age-old Picture With Sachin Tendulkar
- Nana Patekar Bags Key Role In Kaala Karikaalan