Mumbai builder murder case: Police arrest 3 people
Samuel Amolik, an 'encounter specialist' in Mumbai who retired from the police force three years back, was allegedly in touch with the shooters.
Mumbai: Police have arrested three people including a retired policeman Samuel Amolik in connection with a Navi Mumbai builder Sunil Kumar Loharia's murder. Loharia was shot dead by two persons on Saturday and the murder was caught on a CCTV camera.
Amolik, an 'encounter specialist' in Mumbai who retired from the police force three years back, was allegedly in touch with the shooters. According to sources, Amolik was earlier suspended for his alleged links with the underworld, but later on was reinstated in the force.
Loharia, 50, had sustained five bullet injuries and stab wounds on Sunday when he stepped out of his car in front of his office in Vashi area of Navi Mumbai. He later died at a hospital.
The two motorcycle borne assailants had approached Loharia when he was walking towards his office. While one of them shot him at point-blank range, the pillion rider attacked the builder with a chopper.
The motive of the killing was suspected to be business rivalry, police said, adding that further investigation in the case was on.
With Additional Inputs From PTI
Recommended For You
- India A vs Australia: Shreyas Iyer Slams 202* As Match Ends in Draw
- Man Purposely Damages Tesla Model S to Save a Life, Gets Compensation
- Karisma Kapoor, Sandeep Toshniwal Join Kareena-Saif, Sara, Ranbir for a Gala Night
- Jaguar XE, XF and F-Pace Owners Can Soon Pay for Fuel Through Their Infotainment System
- IPL 2017: Chairman Rajeev Shukla to Miss Auction in Bengaluru