DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Mumbai builder murder case: Police arrest 3 people
Samuel Amolik, an 'encounter specialist' in Mumbai who retired from the police force three years back, was allegedly in touch with the shooters.
Mumbai: Police have arrested three people including a retired policeman Samuel Amolik in connection with a Navi Mumbai builder Sunil Kumar Loharia's murder. Loharia was shot dead by two persons on Saturday and the murder was caught on a CCTV camera.
Amolik, an 'encounter specialist' in Mumbai who retired from the police force three years back, was allegedly in touch with the shooters. According to sources, Amolik was earlier suspended for his alleged links with the underworld, but later on was reinstated in the force.
Loharia, 50, had sustained five bullet injuries and stab wounds on Sunday when he stepped out of his car in front of his office in Vashi area of Navi Mumbai. He later died at a hospital.
The two motorcycle borne assailants had approached Loharia when he was walking towards his office. While one of them shot him at point-blank range, the pillion rider attacked the builder with a chopper.
The motive of the killing was suspected to be business rivalry, police said, adding that further investigation in the case was on.
With Additional Inputs From PTI
Recommended For You
- Virat Kohli and Shikhar Dhawan Turn on Delhi Swag in London
- Big B Celebrates 40 Years of Amar Akbar Anthony with an Adorable Photo
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- Pirates of The Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge Just Taps Into Collective Nostalgia
- Sehwag Blames Wife for Missing Sachin's Movie Premiere With Hilarious Tweet