DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Mumbai Metro to have its first trial run today
The first phase of the metro will run between Versova to Ghatkopar and will connect western suburbs to eastern suburbs.
Mumbai: Mumbai's ambitious mass transit project - the Mumbai Metro - will have its first trial run on Wednesday and Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan will be one of its first commuters.
The project, which is a tie up between Reliance Infra and Mumbai Metropolitan Region Development Authority (MMRDA), was started in February 2008 to augment the overburdened local service of the railways. The first phase of the metro will run between Versova to Ghatkopar and will connect western suburbs to eastern suburbs.
The entire stretch is expected to be operational by December 2013. The project, which was expected to be completed by 2008, faced many delays because of land acquisition and civil aviation permissions. The construction period also saw many accidents.
Recommended For You
- Sunny Deol Shares Son Karan Deol's Photo From His First Day at Shoot
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- IPL 2017: Jos Buttler Does a Ranbir Kapoor to Celebrate Mumbai Indians Win
- Aaradhaya Steals the Thunder From Mom Aishwarya at Cannes 2017
- Opinion - Should I Buy a Petrol or a Diesel Car?