Mumbai targets were favourite hangouts for affluent
Apart from 190 injured, 55 people had been killed in the night of terror.
Mumbai: Almost all the locations attacked by suspected terrorists in south Mumbai Wednesday night were preferred hangouts of foreign tourists. Here is a list of the nine places under attack:
- Leopold Cafe in Colaba, a favourite hangout with the tourist crowd in south Mumbai (Firing)
- Hotel Taj Intercontinental, a five-star hotel in south Mumbai (Firing)
- Hotel Trident (formerly Hotel Oberoi), a five-star hotel in south Mumbai (Firing)
- Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus (Formerly Victoria Terminus), the headquarters of Central Railway and a World Heritage Building in south Mumbai (Firing)
- Bade Miyan Gali behind the Hotel Taj (Firing)
- Mazagaon (Explosion)
- Vile Parle suburb in north Mumbai (Explosion)
- Hotel Marriott in Juhu has also been attacked
- A boat with explosives was found on Girgaum Chowpatty
Till reports last came in about 55 had been killed and 190 injured were being rushed to hospital.