Mumbai: 4-year-old raped; autorickshaw driver arrested
The sexual abuse occurred on November 27 when Vamne picked up the girl from her school to drop her home in his autorickshaw.
Mumbai: A four-year-old girl was allegedly raped at Dombivali in neighbouring Thane district, by an autorickshaw driver, who used to ferry her to school, police said on Wednesday.
The incident came to light after the victim's parents filed a police complaint in this connection on Tuesday following which accused Rajesh Vamne was arrested.
He has been booked under various sections of IPC for rape, unnatural offence, assault or criminal force with intent to outrage modesty of woman and causing her hurt, they said. Vamne will be produced before a Kalyan court on Wednesday, police said.
The sexual abuse occurred on November 27 when Vamne picked up the minor girl from her school to drop her home in his autorickshaw. Instead of taking her home, Vamne took the girl to his house and allegedly raped her. The minor was told not reveal this to anyone at home, police said.
However on reaching home, she cried and narrated the incident to her parents. Initially, they did not register a complaint for fear of disgrace, but on Tuesday they decided to inform the police, which picked up Vamne.
Recommended For You
- India vs Australia: Heaviest Defeats for India at Home Since 1987
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Alia Is Ahead of Sonam in Best Actress Category
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Amit Trivedi Gives Competition to Pritam in Best Music Category
- Fitness Freak Jacqueline Fernandez Loves Trying Different Workout Routines
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology