Mumbai airport to shut down for 5 hours on Saturday
The main runway will remain closed from 11:30 hrs to 16:30 hrs for setting up Rapid Exit Taxiway Lights.
Mumbai: Flight operations at the Mumbai Airport, the second busiest in India, will remain shut for five hours on Saturday for its scheduled expansion.
The main runway will remain closed from 11:30 hrs to 16:30 hrs for setting up Rapid Exit Taxiway Lights to enhance runway efficiency, said a statement by Mumbai International Airport Limited (MIAL) on Friday.
"As part of the schedule closure (1130 hrs to 1630 hrs), there will be no operations at Chhattrapati Shivaji International Airport," it said.
The MIAL said the closure is in consultation with aviation regulator DGCA, AAI and airlines and "there will be no inconvenience caused to the passengers".
The shut down period coincides with usually lean hours for the airport. The MIAL said similar closure is also sceduled for March 3 and March 10.
- Chief Justice of India Differs With Arun Jaitley on Courts Delaying Arbitration
- Meet the Man Who is Giving Music to Akhilesh's Campaign as Samajwadi Party Gets Lost in Surround Sound
- Akhilesh Will Be CM, Ready to Give it in Writing on Stamp Paper, Says an Emotional Shivpal
- Islamic State Has Seized 550 Iraqi Families to Use as Human Shields, Says UN
From Our Network
- AAP in new packaging: Is Swaraj India cloning old party by targeting Varun Gandhi?- FirstPost
- Senior SP leaders to mediate between Akhilesh Yadav and Mulayam Singh to resolve contentious issues - Pradesh18
- Did MLA Satyadev Katare die due to Assembly's 'bad vastu', asks Kailash Vijayvargiya - Pradesh18