Mumbai airport to shut down for 5 hours on Saturday
The main runway will remain closed from 11:30 hrs to 16:30 hrs for setting up Rapid Exit Taxiway Lights.
Mumbai: Flight operations at the Mumbai Airport, the second busiest in India, will remain shut for five hours on Saturday for its scheduled expansion.
The main runway will remain closed from 11:30 hrs to 16:30 hrs for setting up Rapid Exit Taxiway Lights to enhance runway efficiency, said a statement by Mumbai International Airport Limited (MIAL) on Friday.
"As part of the schedule closure (1130 hrs to 1630 hrs), there will be no operations at Chhattrapati Shivaji International Airport," it said.
The MIAL said the closure is in consultation with aviation regulator DGCA, AAI and airlines and "there will be no inconvenience caused to the passengers".
The shut down period coincides with usually lean hours for the airport. The MIAL said similar closure is also sceduled for March 3 and March 10.
Recommended For You
- Nokia 6, Nokia 5 Price and Specifications in Pictures
- Virat Kohli and Boys Go Trekking To Unwind After Pune Debacle
- Watch: How VJ Bani Debunks Stereotypes With Her Heavy Weight Training
- Ryan Gosling's Reaction To Oscars 2017 Best Picture Mix Up Is Priceless
- Big Boy Rahkeem Cornwall Welcomes England to Caribbean Islands