DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Mumbai: Diamonds worth Rs 3.91 crore go missing
A consignment containing 24 packets of diamonds to Belgium went missing from the airport on May 16.
Mumbai: City police registered a case of theft after diamonds worth Rs 3.91 crore that were to be exported to Belgium went missing from Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport. According to the complaint, filed with Sahar Police, the complainant, who happens to be the employee of a diamond trading firm, sent a consignment containing 24 packets of diamonds to Belgium by air cargo on May 16.
The representative of the Belgium-based company was to confirm delivery. However, the Belgium based representative only confirmed the receipt of 23 packets, which was one less than the consignment to be delivered.
The employee of the Indian diamond trading firm filed a complaint with the police on Friday. Police said that they are conducting inquires with the people in the airport complex and those having access to such areas.
Recommended For You
- New 2017 Maruti Suzuki Dzire First Drive Review: Does it Aspire to Amaze You?
- Why KJo is the Definition of Love, Friendship and Bold Decisions
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- On Kumble, Kohli Says BCCI Following Due Process By Inviting Fresh Applications
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Things To Know Before Watching The Fifth Instalment