Mumbai: ED arrests businessman in a fraud case
The ED had registered a case against Masood under the Prevention of Money-Laundering Act (PMLA).
Mumbai: The Enforcement Directorate (ED) on Saturday arrested Sayed Masood, Chairman of City Group, from New Delhi in connection with a fraud case. "We have arrested Sayed Masood from New Delhi and he will be brought to Mumbai and produced in a court," said an ED official.
Masood is accused of duping thousands of investors through his companies City Limouzines and City Realcom. The ED had registered a case against Masood under the Prevention of Money-Laundering Act (PMLA), and in April, 2012 attached his properties suspecting they were purchased from proceeds of the crime.
Mumbai Police had earlier lodged a cheating and fraud case against the businessman for allegedly duping people by promising unrealistic returns on their investments through various schemes.
- Celebrate Diwali With Pious And Not With Noise
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Movie Review: Soulfully Acted, It'll Strike a Chord With The Audience
- Hosting a Card Party This Diwali? 5 Easy Snack Ideas to Make Your Preparations Easier
- New Zealand Policemen Dance To Salman Khan's Hit Songs To Celebrate Diwali
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Review: Genuinely Moving Drama With Terrific Performances by its Leads
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil: Ranbir Kapoor-Anushka Sharma's Love-Hate Relationship On Set
- I Am Botoxed, so Are Most People in the Film Industry: Karan Johar
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Which One To Buy: Apple iPhone 7 Plus or Google Pixel XL