Mumbai: ED arrests businessman in a fraud case
The ED had registered a case against Masood under the Prevention of Money-Laundering Act (PMLA).
Mumbai: The Enforcement Directorate (ED) on Saturday arrested Sayed Masood, Chairman of City Group, from New Delhi in connection with a fraud case. "We have arrested Sayed Masood from New Delhi and he will be brought to Mumbai and produced in a court," said an ED official.
Masood is accused of duping thousands of investors through his companies City Limouzines and City Realcom. The ED had registered a case against Masood under the Prevention of Money-Laundering Act (PMLA), and in April, 2012 attached his properties suspecting they were purchased from proceeds of the crime.
Mumbai Police had earlier lodged a cheating and fraud case against the businessman for allegedly duping people by promising unrealistic returns on their investments through various schemes.
Recommended For You
- Nokia 8 in Black, Grey Colours Listed Ahead of Launch
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Dangal Ahead of Others in Best Film Category
- Trapped Trailer Featuring Rajkummar Rao Will Leave You Intrigued
- Range Rover Velar to be Unveiled on March 1, Will Sit between the Evoque and Sport Models
- Ross Taylor Achieves Milestone ODI Century