Mumbai: One dead, 13 injured in fire in Mankhurd
The injured have been admitted to a hospital and seven of them are reportedly critical.
Mumbai: One person died and 13 were injured in early hours of Monday after a fire broke out in Mumbai's Mankhurd area. The fire started after an explosion in a gas tanker.
Five fire engines were rushed to the spot to bring the fire under control. The injured have been admitted to Shatabdi Hospital in Govandi. Seven of the injured are reportedly critical.
However, the reason behind the explosion in the gas tankers is not known. "We were having a meeting nearby. There was an explosion and fire. We ended the meeting and rushed there. The entire area was engulfed in fire. I informed the fire brigade and the disaster management. Now the fire is under control," Chandrakant Andhore, an MLA, said.
According to an eyewitness, there was only one tanker in the area when the huge explosion occurred. "We got information around 1 am that At least eight to 10 people have been injured. We don't know about the ownership of the tanker. The injured has been shifted to hospital," said Shankar Rajput, senior police inspector.
- Trump Says Debate Microphone Was 'Defective'
- Samsung Execs Meet DGCA Officials Over Galaxy Note 2 IndiGo Fire Incident
- I Will Release My Tax Returns When Clinton Releases Deleted Emails, Says Trump
- The First Hillary Clinton-Donald Trump Presidential Debate
- Sam Allardyce Fights to Save England Job After Newspaper Sting
- Kareena Kapoor is Setting Trends During Pregnancy: Soha Ali Khan
- Kareena Kapoor Rings In Her 36th Birthday With Ranbir, Karisma, Saif Ali Khan
- Will Eat Lots of Food And Just Relax: Kareena Kapoor Opens Up About Her Birthday Plans