DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Mumbai: One dead, 13 injured in fire in Mankhurd
The injured have been admitted to a hospital and seven of them are reportedly critical.
Mumbai: One person died and 13 were injured in early hours of Monday after a fire broke out in Mumbai's Mankhurd area. The fire started after an explosion in a gas tanker.
Five fire engines were rushed to the spot to bring the fire under control. The injured have been admitted to Shatabdi Hospital in Govandi. Seven of the injured are reportedly critical.
However, the reason behind the explosion in the gas tankers is not known. "We were having a meeting nearby. There was an explosion and fire. We ended the meeting and rushed there. The entire area was engulfed in fire. I informed the fire brigade and the disaster management. Now the fire is under control," Chandrakant Andhore, an MLA, said.
According to an eyewitness, there was only one tanker in the area when the huge explosion occurred. "We got information around 1 am that At least eight to 10 people have been injured. We don't know about the ownership of the tanker. The injured has been shifted to hospital," said Shankar Rajput, senior police inspector.
Recommended For You
- Virat Kohli Says Champions Trophy Most Competitive 'Big' Tournament
- Maruti Suzuki Says Most Models to Have Automatic Transmission Options by 2020
- Prabhas-Anushka's Real Life Photos Are As Magical As Their Onscreen Chemistry
- England vs South Africa, 1st ODI: As It Happened
- All I Want Becomes First Indian Film To Win At Short Film Fest In Cannes