Mumbai girl tops GRE with full marks
Mumbai girl Ashwini Nene, 20, is a student of Sardar Patel Institute of Technology, Andheri.
Mumbai: Mumbai girl Ashwini Nene has topped the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) - a pre-requisite for admissions to most US graduate schools and for some other countries - by scoring full marks of 340/340, an official said here on Wednesday.
Nene, 20, is a student of Sardar Patel Institute of Technology, Andheri. The GRE results were announced by Educational Testing Services, a US-based organisation that conducts the examinations worldwide.
Coached by KIC Education in Andheri, Nene is one of the few students globally to have scored a full marks in a revised and tougher GRE format in 2013.
"Ashwini Nene has many great attributes which went into producing the special score. She stands out for her humility, is very coachable and ensured that she made every classroom session count by absorbing all concepts and applying them effectively during practice," said KIC Education's founder and chief mentor G Kohli.
"It is hard to predict what (questions) one will get and though I expected to get close to 340, I did not anticipate an absolute score. Now, I shall focus on my academic and build a strong profile to qualify for the best universities in the US," Nene said. Nene's parents are technology professionals in the northwest Mumbai Vile Parle suburb.
Recommended For You
- Bye-Bye 'Boom Boom' as Shahid Afridi Ends International Career
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Nominees For Best Singer (Female)
- IPL 2017: Mitchell Starc Ends Association With Virat Kohli and Co.
- Jaguar XE, XF and F-Pace Owners Can Soon Pay for Fuel Through Their Infotainment System