Mumbai: Kasab has fever, tests negative for dengue
Suspecting that Kasab could be suffering from dengue, tests were conducted on him by doctors but the results were negative.
Mumbai: Mumbai terror attack convict Ajmal Amir Kasab is suffering from fever and undergoing treatment in the high security Arthur Road jail in Mumbai, police said on Sunday. "Kasab is being treated for fever for the past few days. Suspecting that the prisoner could be suffering from dengue, three tests were conducted on him by a team of doctors of JJ hospital but the results were negative. Doctors do not want to take any chance. Kasab is under observation and responding well to the treatment," said a police official on condition of anonymity.
The Pakistani terrorist is currently lodged in a bomb proof, egg-shaped cell at the jail since his arrest. His mercy plea was rejected last month by the government, which has sent its recommendation to the President. Kasab, the lone surviving terrorist of the 26/11 Mumbai attacks was involved in a grave crime and waging war against India that led to killing 166 people, including foreigners.
The 25-year-old Pakistani and nine other fellow Lashkar-e-Toiba (LeT) terrorists had landed in Mumbai on November 26, 2008, by sea from Karachi and had gone on a shooting spree at various places, carrying out the country's worst terror attack. While Kasab was captured alive, the other terrorists were killed by security forces.
After nearly a four-year-long legal battle, on August 29 the Supreme Court had confirmed the death penalty awarded to the LeT operative by the trial court and later upheld by the Bombay High Court.
- Devendra Fadnavis 'Did not Discourage' Karan Johar's 5 Crore 'Donation' to Army Welfare Fund
- BJP Terms Family Feud in Samajwadi Party as 'Fixed Match'
- Samajwadi Party Feud: Shivpal Yadav Vacates Official Residence
- Samajwadi Party Feud: Akhilesh Briefs Governor on Political Crisis
- Trump Calls Attack on ISIS in Mosul a 'Disaster', Hillary Lashes Out
- Abhishek Kapoor Will Always Remain a Friend: Farhan Akhtar
- Fun to Explore the Singer in Me, Says Shraddha Kapoor
- Abhishek Kapoor Was, Is And Will Always Remain a Friend: Farhan Akhtar
From Our Network
- Punjab polls: As Kejriwal hobnobs with allies, Congress might just break its losing streak- FirstPost
- Diwali gift for commuters, DND flyway made toll free after Allahabad High Court order - Pradesh18
- Inspiring: Shahdol man, who lost both arms in an accident, drives auto-rickshaw to earn living - Pradesh18