Mumbai: Kasab has fever, tests negative for dengue
Suspecting that Kasab could be suffering from dengue, tests were conducted on him by doctors but the results were negative.
Mumbai: Mumbai terror attack convict Ajmal Amir Kasab is suffering from fever and undergoing treatment in the high security Arthur Road jail in Mumbai, police said on Sunday. "Kasab is being treated for fever for the past few days. Suspecting that the prisoner could be suffering from dengue, three tests were conducted on him by a team of doctors of JJ hospital but the results were negative. Doctors do not want to take any chance. Kasab is under observation and responding well to the treatment," said a police official on condition of anonymity.
The Pakistani terrorist is currently lodged in a bomb proof, egg-shaped cell at the jail since his arrest. His mercy plea was rejected last month by the government, which has sent its recommendation to the President. Kasab, the lone surviving terrorist of the 26/11 Mumbai attacks was involved in a grave crime and waging war against India that led to killing 166 people, including foreigners.
The 25-year-old Pakistani and nine other fellow Lashkar-e-Toiba (LeT) terrorists had landed in Mumbai on November 26, 2008, by sea from Karachi and had gone on a shooting spree at various places, carrying out the country's worst terror attack. While Kasab was captured alive, the other terrorists were killed by security forces.
After nearly a four-year-long legal battle, on August 29 the Supreme Court had confirmed the death penalty awarded to the LeT operative by the trial court and later upheld by the Bombay High Court.
- Xiaomi Mi5s, Mi 5s Plus Smartphones Powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 821 SoCs Launched in China
- 'Daring Voice of India's Pride' at UNGA Wins Applause From AAP
- UNGA: Sushma Says Kashmir Integral Part of India; Asks Pakistan To Stop Dreaming
- Indian Minister Disowned UN Resolutions in Speech: Pakistan
- Trump Says Debate Microphone Was 'Defective'
- Lisa Haydon Just Announced Her Marriage to Boyfriend Dino Lalvani
- I Will Release My Tax Returns When Clinton Releases Deleted Emails, Says Trump
- The First Hillary Clinton-Donald Trump Presidential Debate