DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Mumbai: Lakhan Bhaiya encounter case verdict today
Mumbai Police encounter specialist Pradeep Sharma is among the 22 people who are accused in the encounter case.
Mumbai: A Mumbai sessions court is likely to decide in Thursday whether the November 11, 2006 encounter in Mumbai's Versova area in which gangster Chhota Rajan's associate Ramnarain Gupta alias Lakhan Bhaiya was killed by a Mumbai Police team.Mumbai Police encounter specialist Pradeep Sharma is among the 22 people who are accused in the encounter case. Lakhan was accused in 19 cases including 12 of murder.
While Pradeep Sharma's counsel has argued that his client was not present at the spot where the alleged encounter took place, Lakhan Bhaiya's family claims that they have enough proof to nail Sharma. Lakhan's brother Ram Gupta claimed that forensic reports revealed that out of the three bullets fired at Lakhan, one was from Sharma's pistol. "If Pradeep Shrama was not at the spot, then was the bullet from his weapon fired," asked Lakhan's family members.
Out of the 22 accused 14 are belong to Mumbai Police and the allegation against them is that they picked up Lakhan Bhaiya from his home and killed him in a fake encounter.
The Bombay High Court had ordered an investigation by a magistrate after receiving complaints that Lkahan was killed in a fake encounter.
Recommended For You
- Krunal Pandya: Kept Cool Head, Knew MI's Chances Rested On My Shoulders
- England vs South Africa Live Updates: 1st ODI at Headingley
- Snapchat 'Custom Stories' Feature Looks Promising For Group Outings
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- All I Want Becomes First Indian Film To Win At Short Film Fest In Cannes