Mumbai Magicians to play for pride against Ranchi Rhinos
Mumbai Magicians have managed to win only one match in the entire tournament due to their defensive frailties.
Mumbai: Bottom placed Dabur Mumbai Magicians would have nothing but their pride to defend when they take on second placed Ranchi Rhinos in their last league encounter of the Hockey India League here on Thursday.
The Magicians went into their last two league encounters in a must-win situation to keep alive their semi-finals hopes. But a 0-1 loss against Uttar Pradesh Wizards Tuesday was enough to condemn them to the fifth and final spot and thereby push them out of semi-final reckoning. The hosts, who have gathered 15 points from 11 outings, have managed to win only one match in the entire tournament and the team's defensive frailties have meant that the Magicians could never launch a serious challenge in the competition.
The Rhinos have already secured a second place in the league standings and would be facing either Jaypee Punjab Warriors or Uttar Pradesh Wizards in the semi-finals on their home turf.
Magicians skipper Sandeep Singh said that they will give their best. "Our team didn't perform well through out the league and we didn't get the results we wanted. But we will try for a good result in the last match," he said.
Recommended For You
- Nokia 6, 5, 3, and 3310 Launched at MWC 2017: All You Need to Know
- Priyanka Chopra, Deepika Padukone Turn The Heat Up At Pre-Oscar 2017 Party
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- Oscars 2017: Lion Actor Sunny Pawar Makes His Big Academy Debut
- Lionel Messi on Target as Barcelona Edge Atletico Madrid