Mumbai: Man arrested for allegedly raping daughter for 6 years
The accused has been booked for rape, molestation and criminal intimidation under the Indian Penal Code, a police official said.
Mumbai: A 42-year old man was arrested for allegedly raping his daughter for six years, police said on Thursday. According to the police an autorickshaw driver had been allegedly raping his daughter since she was 12 years old.
The incident came to light after the victim told her friend about the ordeal. The friend convinced the victim that she should lodge a complaint with the police. The accused has been booked for rape, molestation and criminal intimidation under the Indian Penal Code, a police official said.
Police said they are waiting for the medical report of the victim and are investigating if any other family member knew about the incident.
Recommended For You
- India vs Australia: Tale of Two Sessions That Cost Hosts the Pune Test
- Sunny Pawar Is Winning Hollywood One Award Ceremony at a Time
- Koffee With Karan: Kapil Sharma's Episode Is Going to Be the Funniest One Ever
- Nokia 3310 Is Back And The Internet Can't Handle It
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone