Mumbai: Man arrested for raping seven-year-old girl
The incident came to the light on Tuesday after her parents took her into confidence after noticing change in her behaviour.
Mumbai: A 32-year-old man was arrested on Tuesday for allegedly repeatedly sexually abusing a seven-year-girl from his neighbourhood in suburban Mumbai, police said.
Shashikant Ojha, employed at a restaurant, was apprehended from his hut in the suburban Sahar area for repeatedly raping the class II student on the pretext of offering her chocolates and showing rabbits, they said.
According to police, Ojha had sexually assaulted the minor at least 3-4 times, latest on January 4, while picking her up on her way to tuition's. He would threaten the girl with dire consequences if she revealed about it to anyone.
"The girl was under stress and was too scared to reveal the matter to anyone. She would often mumble in her sleep," said a police officer.
The incident came to the light on Tuesday after her parents took her into confidence after noticing change in her behaviour and lodged a complaint with Sahar police. Ojha was arrested after the girl took the police to the hut where she was raped by the accused.
Recommended For You
- Dhoni Motivates Jharkhand Teammates in Unique Style
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Aamir Khan Is Unbeatable in Best Actor Category
- Poorna Trailer: Rahul Bose Brings the Story of a Girl who Conquered Everest
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Black Colour Variant to Be Available from March 1
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology