Mumbai: Man blackmails wife's friend for money, sex
The 38-year-old accused was allegedly harassing a married woman after he saw her with her lover.
Mumbai: Money and sex -- Umesh alias Karan Rathod thought he had found a beeline to both. The journey didn't last long. Kasturba Marg police arrested the 38-year-old yesterday for allegedly blackmailing his wife's friend for money and sexual favours. According to cops, Rathod was harassing a 36-year-old Kandivli resident after he saw the woman with her alleged paramour and clicked their photo.
The victim, who works at a private bank in Borivli (East), approached the police on Wednesday when the accused asked for Rs 20,000 from her to keep her extramarital affair a secret from her husband. The woman, who is a friend of the accused's wife, has been married for four years and had a fling with a colleague. The officers said she was walking with her boyfriend in Borivli (East) when Rathod spotted the two and clicked a photo on his mobile phone.
Rathod, a resident of Shantidaan located at MHADA colony in Andheri (East), then met the woman and demanded sexual favours from her along with Rs 20,000 to keep her affair from her husband and her family. The victim gave Rathod Rs 5,000. That, however, didn't placate the accused. He wanted the rest of the amount as soon as possible. Fed up with Rathod's biddings, the woman filed a complaint against him.
"The victim had refused to fulfil the demands of the accused when he threatened her, saying that he would show the photo to her husband," said Sr Inspector Rajendra Thakur, Kasturba Marg police station.
On Wednesday, cops set a trap and asked the victim to call Rathod near Sanjay Gandhi National Park to collect the remaining amount. "We nabbed Rathod from the spot while accepting the cash from the victim. He has been arrested for blackmailing and extortion. We will present him before the court on Thursday," said Thakur.
Police have seized the accused's mobile phone and have sent it for forensic analysis to extract the compromising photo that Rathod had clicked.
- Colombia, Marxist Rebels Sign Accord Ending 52-Year War
- 'Let Loose the Yellow Butterflies', Say FARC Rebels Approving Peace Accord With Colombia
- Mukesh Ambani the Richest Indian With Net Worth of $22.7 Billion: Forbes
- Mouni Roy's Vacation Photos Will Give You Serious Travel Goals
- Former Israeli Prime Minister, Nobel Prize Winner Shimon Peres Passes Away
- Parched Cast takes our Movie Quiz and It's Funny
- Parched Movie Review: Nuanced Performances, Heartfelt Storytelling Make It a Must Watch
- Parched Trailer Gives Closer Look at Rajasthani Rural Womanhood