Mumbai: Man gets ten years in jail for killing wife
According to police, the convict suspected his wife's character and often fought with her and had assaulted her on a few occasions.
Mumbai: The sessions court in Mumbai on Thursday sentenced a 50-year-old man to ten years' rigorous imprisonment for killing his wife. According to the police, in April 2012, a neighbour found Suryakant Koli (50) and Malumma Koli (45) lying in pools of blood at their house in Govandi area. While Suryakant survived, Malumma was declared dead at hospital, with 17 wounds on her body.
Police found out that Suryakant had stabbed his wife and later attempted suicide. According to police, Suryakant suspected his wife's character and often fought with her and had assaulted her on a few occasions.
Prosecutor Kiran Raikar examined 10 witnesses including doctors and argued that Suryakant brutally murdered his wife and should get life imprisonment. However, the court observed that it was not a planned killing, and convicted him for culpable homicide not amounting to murder, sentencing him to 10 years in jail.
- Allahabad HC Defers Hearing on Plea Challenging Narendra Modi's Election From Varanasi
- PM Modi Holds Meeting Over Cauvery Water Sharing Dispute
- Will Tell India What is Real Surgical Strike: Hafiz Saeed
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Review: Journey of a Small-Town Boy With Big Dreams
- Not Playing Pakistani Journalist in Noor: Sonakshi Sinha
- Watch: Ranbir Kapoor Expresses the Pain of One-sided Love Convincingly in Channa Mereya
- It's High Time We Respond to Terrorism: John Abraham
- Force 2 Trailer: John Abraham, Sonakshi Sinha Take on the World to Save India