Mumbai: Man gets ten years in jail for killing wife
According to police, the convict suspected his wife's character and often fought with her and had assaulted her on a few occasions.
Mumbai: The sessions court in Mumbai on Thursday sentenced a 50-year-old man to ten years' rigorous imprisonment for killing his wife. According to the police, in April 2012, a neighbour found Suryakant Koli (50) and Malumma Koli (45) lying in pools of blood at their house in Govandi area. While Suryakant survived, Malumma was declared dead at hospital, with 17 wounds on her body.
Police found out that Suryakant had stabbed his wife and later attempted suicide. According to police, Suryakant suspected his wife's character and often fought with her and had assaulted her on a few occasions.
Prosecutor Kiran Raikar examined 10 witnesses including doctors and argued that Suryakant brutally murdered his wife and should get life imprisonment. However, the court observed that it was not a planned killing, and convicted him for culpable homicide not amounting to murder, sentencing him to 10 years in jail.
- Celebrate Diwali With Pious And Not With Noise
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Movie Review: Soulfully Acted, It'll Strike a Chord With The Audience
- Hosting a Card Party This Diwali? 5 Easy Snack Ideas to Make Your Preparations Easier
- New Zealand Policemen Dance To Salman Khan's Hit Songs To Celebrate Diwali
- Shivaay Review: Ajay Devgn-starrer Is Seldom Compelling
- Shivaay Movie Review: Ajay Devgn Is In Every Frame and We Wish He Wasn't
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil, Shivaay Advance Bookings Have Been Phenomenal: Reports
- Don't Have Grace in Dancing: Ajay Devgn