Mumbai: Man gets ten years in jail for killing wife
According to police, the convict suspected his wife's character and often fought with her and had assaulted her on a few occasions.
Mumbai: The sessions court in Mumbai on Thursday sentenced a 50-year-old man to ten years' rigorous imprisonment for killing his wife. According to the police, in April 2012, a neighbour found Suryakant Koli (50) and Malumma Koli (45) lying in pools of blood at their house in Govandi area. While Suryakant survived, Malumma was declared dead at hospital, with 17 wounds on her body.
Police found out that Suryakant had stabbed his wife and later attempted suicide. According to police, Suryakant suspected his wife's character and often fought with her and had assaulted her on a few occasions.
Prosecutor Kiran Raikar examined 10 witnesses including doctors and argued that Suryakant brutally murdered his wife and should get life imprisonment. However, the court observed that it was not a planned killing, and convicted him for culpable homicide not amounting to murder, sentencing him to 10 years in jail.
Recommended For You
- Renshaw Criticised For Retiring Due to Stomach Bug
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- Why Hidden Figures Deserves an Oscar For Being Relevant in Present Times
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Black Colour Variant to Be Available from March 1
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology