Mumbai may soon get women commandos
The commandos will fight molestation and harassment of women to ensure that perpetrators are brought to book.
Mumbai: Mumbai may soon get its own group of elite women commandos whose primary responsibility would be to fight crimes against women in the city. "These commandos will be deployed only in the East Region which consists of 18 police stations", said Additional Commissioner of Police (East Region) Quaiser Khalid who mooted the idea.
Though the idea was mooted early in December 2012, the training began shortly after the Delhi gangrape incident. Commandos will be trained for 45 days and would include running five kilometre a day as well as martial arts techniques.
Khalid said training would begin soon in other regions of the city. There are 91 police stations in the city. Once on the field, these commandos would fight molestation and harassment of women to ensure that perpetrators are brought to book.
- Jayalalithaa Interacting, Progressing Gradually, Says Apollo Hospitals
- Ranji Trophy, Group A: UP Amass 524, Tamil Nadu 34/1 on Day 2
- Nintendo Switch: Here's Why Twitterati is Relating The Game Console to Porn
- Nintendo Switch Home And Handheld Gaming Modular Console Released
- Meet the Man Who is Giving Music to Akhilesh's Campaign as Samajwadi Party Gets Lost in Surround Sound
- Akhilesh Will Be CM, Ready to Give it in Writing on Stamp Paper, Says an Emotional Shivpal
- Islamic State Has Seized 550 Iraqi Families to Use as Human Shields, Says UN
- After Rita Bahuguna Joshi's Exit, More Congress Veterans Eye BJP
From Our Network
- AAP in new packaging: Is Swaraj India cloning old party by targeting Varun Gandhi?- FirstPost
- Senior SP leaders to mediate between Akhilesh Yadav and Mulayam Singh to resolve contentious issues - Pradesh18
- Did MLA Satyadev Katare die due to Assembly's 'bad vastu', asks Kailash Vijayvargiya - Pradesh18