DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Mumbai may soon get women commandos
The commandos will fight molestation and harassment of women to ensure that perpetrators are brought to book.
Mumbai: Mumbai may soon get its own group of elite women commandos whose primary responsibility would be to fight crimes against women in the city. "These commandos will be deployed only in the East Region which consists of 18 police stations", said Additional Commissioner of Police (East Region) Quaiser Khalid who mooted the idea.
Though the idea was mooted early in December 2012, the training began shortly after the Delhi gangrape incident. Commandos will be trained for 45 days and would include running five kilometre a day as well as martial arts techniques.
Khalid said training would begin soon in other regions of the city. There are 91 police stations in the city. Once on the field, these commandos would fight molestation and harassment of women to ensure that perpetrators are brought to book.
Recommended For You
- This Old Picture Of Shah Rukh Khan, Farah Khan and Karan Johar Is Pure Gold
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- GST Effect: Ford Figo, Aspire, EcoSport Get Discounts Of Up To Rs 30,000
- Nuzhat Fought Taboos to Play Cricket, Picked for ICC World Cup
- War Machine Review: Brad Pitt Is Disappointing In This Satire Gone Wrong