Mumbai: Petrol dealers threaten to go on strike
Petrol pump dealers in Maharashtra have threatened to observe a two-day strike in Mumbai from July 2.
Mumbai: Petrol pump dealers in Maharashtra have threatened to observe a two-day strike in Mumbai from July 2, to protest against government policy of withdrawal of protection of petrol pump lands under the Maharashtra Rent Control Act.
"We are protesting against the withdrawal of protection of petrol pump lands under the Maharashtra Rent Control Act and the consequential eviction and shutting down of petrol pumps by landlords, which is leading to total disruption in fuel supplies to the metropolis. All petrol, diesel and CNG pumps will remain shut on July 2 and 3," Petrol Dealers' Association President Ravi Shinde said in a statement issued on Tuesday.
Already 16 of the total 253 pumps in Mumbai have been shut down due to inaction on the part of the Government to protect these pumps, he said.
"The Government has completely failed in preventing the closure of the pumps in the city. We fear that we may loose another 118 pumps, which, if happens, will lead to crippling the city of fuel supply in the future," Shinde said.
The association wants the government to bring oil companies within the ambit of the Rent Control Act so that they continue to run existing petrol pumps and their dealerships are protected.
- Donald Trump Seeks to Bar Sexual Misconduct Claims from Trump University Trial
- Jack Reacher: Never Go Back Review: Lacks Suspense, High-Adrenaline Thrills
- 'Jack Reacher: Never Go Back' Review: The Film is Dull and Predictable
- Hillary Clinton, Trump Spending Furiously as Election Day Approaches
- Meet the Man Who is Giving Music to Akhilesh's Campaign as Samajwadi Party Gets Lost in Surround Sound
- BSF Kills 7 Pak Rangers, Terrorist in Retaliatory Firing Along Jammu Border
- Akhilesh Will Be CM, Ready to Give it in Writing on Stamp Paper, Says an Emotional Shivpal
- Islamic State Has Seized 550 Iraqi Families to Use as Human Shields, Says UN
From Our Network
- AAP in new packaging: Is Swaraj India cloning old party by targeting Varun Gandhi?- FirstPost
- Senior SP leaders to mediate between Akhilesh Yadav and Mulayam Singh to resolve contentious issues - Pradesh18
- Did MLA Satyadev Katare die due to Assembly's 'bad vastu', asks Kailash Vijayvargiya - Pradesh18