DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Mumbai illegal constructions: Senior police official suspended
The total number of suspended policemen is now 37. Thirty six constables were suspended earlier in the day.
Mumbai: The Maharashtra government on Thursday suspended a senior police officer in connection with the sting operation that showed 15 policemen in Kurla taking bribes to allow illegal construction in the area. The total number of suspended policemen is now 37. Thirty six constables were suspended earlier in the day.
The expose came barely a week after an illegal building collapsed in Thane killing more than 70 people.
Maharashtra Home Minister RR Patil has not ruled out action against other senior police officers as well.
Recommended For You
- Maruti Suzuki Says Most Models to Have Automatic Transmission Options by 2020
- Prabhas-Anushka's Real Life Photos Are As Magical As Their Onscreen Chemistry
- Krunal Pandya: Kept Cool Head, Knew MI's Chances Rested On My Shoulders
- England vs South Africa, 1st ODI: As It Happened
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish