Mumbai illegal constructions: Senior police official suspended
The total number of suspended policemen is now 37. Thirty six constables were suspended earlier in the day.
Mumbai: The Maharashtra government on Thursday suspended a senior police officer in connection with the sting operation that showed 15 policemen in Kurla taking bribes to allow illegal construction in the area. The total number of suspended policemen is now 37. Thirty six constables were suspended earlier in the day.
The expose came barely a week after an illegal building collapsed in Thane killing more than 70 people.
Maharashtra Home Minister RR Patil has not ruled out action against other senior police officers as well.
- After Cross-LoC Strikes, Indian High Commissioner Summoned By Pakistan
- Watch: Special Broadcast On Surgical Strikes Across LoC
- India Briefs Envoys of 25 Countries After Army Conducts Surgical Strike
- Nawaz Sharif Talks to Army Cheif, Reviews Pakistan's Defence Preparedness
- Rupee Good Run Continues, Gains 3 Paise Against Dollar
- Shraddha Kapoor Wanted To Be a Part Of 'Rock On' 8 Years Ago
- Rock on 2's New Song Jaago Urges You to Live Life On Your Own Terms
- Rock On 2 Trailer: Farhan, Shraddha, Arjun All Set to Bring Back Magik