Mumbai illegal constructions: Senior police official suspended
The total number of suspended policemen is now 37. Thirty six constables were suspended earlier in the day.
Mumbai: The Maharashtra government on Thursday suspended a senior police officer in connection with the sting operation that showed 15 policemen in Kurla taking bribes to allow illegal construction in the area. The total number of suspended policemen is now 37. Thirty six constables were suspended earlier in the day.
The expose came barely a week after an illegal building collapsed in Thane killing more than 70 people.
Maharashtra Home Minister RR Patil has not ruled out action against other senior police officers as well.
- UK PM Theresa May had Expressed Concerns Over Brexit Weeks Before Referendum
- Cyrus Mistry's Explosive Email to Tata Board Hints He Was Made a 'Lame Duck'
- Full Text of Cyrus Mistry Interview that Tata Group Scrapped
- Tata Sons Appoints Ralf Speth, N Chandrasekaran on Board
- India, New Zealand Sign Three Agreements
- Cyclonic Storm Kyant May be Heading Towards Andhra Pradesh
- New Zealand PM Arrives, Modi Likely to Seek Support on NSG Entry During Meet Tomorrow
- PM Modi Warns of Action Against Those Who 'Snatch' Tribal Rights
From Our Network
- Punjab polls: As Kejriwal hobnobs with allies, Congress might just break its losing streak- FirstPost
- Diwali gift for commuters, DND flyway made toll free after Allahabad High Court order - Pradesh18
- Inspiring: Shahdol man, who lost both arms in an accident, drives auto-rickshaw to earn living - Pradesh18