Mumbai illegal constructions: Senior police official suspended
The total number of suspended policemen is now 37. Thirty six constables were suspended earlier in the day.
Mumbai: The Maharashtra government on Thursday suspended a senior police officer in connection with the sting operation that showed 15 policemen in Kurla taking bribes to allow illegal construction in the area. The total number of suspended policemen is now 37. Thirty six constables were suspended earlier in the day.
The expose came barely a week after an illegal building collapsed in Thane killing more than 70 people.
Maharashtra Home Minister RR Patil has not ruled out action against other senior police officers as well.
Recommended For You
- IPL 2017: Ben Stokes Excited to Be Part of MS Dhoni's Team
- Nokia 8 in Black, Grey Colours Listed Ahead of Launch
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More
- New Audi A4 30 TFSI Review: It is Powerful and Environment Friendly
- SRK's Circus Returns To TV, Twitterati Can't Contain Their Excitement