Mumbai rave party: Rocky S clarifies presence
Drugs like Ecstasy and charas and 110 grams of cocaine were seized from the party.
Mumbai: Popular fashion designer Rocky S and model-actress Madhura Naik admit they were present at the party busted by the Mumbai police, but have claimed innocence of taking drugs. While Rocky says he was there for merely 10 minutes and is against drugs, Madhura says it was a 'sundown party'.
Rocky, who designs for several Bollywood beauties including Bipasha Basu, Katrina Kaif and Neha Dhupia, says he was at the Oakwood Hotel in Juhu Sunday when the police raid took place.
"I had just dropped by for 10 minutes to wish my friend Samantha to ring in her birthday. Since I had a flight to catch the next morning, I was just on my way out when the incident occurred," Rocky said in a statement.
"I was shocked as the raid started, more so since I hadn't done drugs or anything like that. Had I known this would turn out to be a rave party, I would not have been a part of it as I am against the entire concept of drugs," he added.
Madhura, who was seen in TV shows like 'Dill Mill Gayye' and 'Pyaar Kii Ye Ek Kahaani', was among almost 100 people, including two IPl cricketers -- Rahul Sharma and Wayne Parnell, as well as TV actors Apurva Agnihotri and Shilpa Saklani, detained after the raid.
"It was not a rave party at all. It was a sundown party. These parties start at 4 p.m. and get off by 9 p.m. or 10 p.m. It doesn't get too late. I went there at 5.30 as it was one of my friends birthday. We were there to celebrate it over there. However, the police raid took place at 6 p.m. and all this news started flashing everywhere. I was completely stuck between this," Madhura told IANS.
Post the raid, all those who were detained were taken to a hospital for a blood test followed by some further procedures at the police station.
Madhura, who says she was under custody for 14 hours, was disappointed with the proceedings at the hospital, where they were taken to give blood samples.
"As far as the blood test process was concerned, it was quite shocking as they were not labelling the samples. Doctors were not well equipped. I was very sure that I will come out completely clean as there was not a drop of alcohol in my blood," she said.
Rocky also says he has undergone all required tests.
"I understand that these are legal procedures and I will fully cooperate with the system. I am confident of getting a clean chit as I have never ever done drugs in my life. There is nothing for me to be worried about the test results shall prove my innocence," he said.
Drugs like Ecstasy and charas and 110 grams of cocaine were also seized from the spot.
- Donald Trump Seeks to Bar Sexual Misconduct Claims from Trump University Trial
- Hillary Clinton, Trump Spending Furiously as Election Day Approaches
- Bigg Boss 10: Antara Biswas Wants to Grab Salman Khan's Attention
- Donald Trump's Campaign Says Raised $9 mn Through Live Facebook Event
- Philippines President Duterte Does a U-turn, Says Won't Sever US Ties
- Schizophrenia Can't be Ground for Halting Death Penalty, Says Pakistan SC Citing Indian Judgment
- 2nd Test: Fit-Again Younis Khan Leads Pakistan's Charge Against WI
- BSF Kills 7 Pak Rangers, Terrorist in Retaliatory Firing Along Jammu Border
From Our Network
- AAP in new packaging: Is Swaraj India cloning old party by targeting Varun Gandhi?- FirstPost
- Senior SP leaders to mediate between Akhilesh Yadav and Mulayam Singh to resolve contentious issues - Pradesh18
- Did MLA Satyadev Katare die due to Assembly's 'bad vastu', asks Kailash Vijayvargiya - Pradesh18