DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Mumbai: 19-year-old jumps in front of a train after he was allegedly ragged
The engineering student has named two of his fellow students in his suicide note for harassing him for several months.
Mumbai: A second-year engineering student of a Navi Mumbai college committed suicide after allegedly being ragged. The 19-year-old jumped in front of a local train on Friday. He has named two of his fellow students in his suicide note for harassing him for several months.
The victim, Nitin Padalkar, ended his life by jumping before a running train at Kalyan railway station in the neighbouring Thane district on Friday evening, they said. He has allegedly named two of his college-mates for harassing him in a suicide note, police said.
Padalkar, a second-year student of electronics and telecommunications at the Ramrao Adik Institute of Technology in Navi Mumbai, was depressed for quite sometime, police sources said. Nitin left his house in Kalyan at around 6:00 pm on Friday saying that he was going to meet his friends. Later, his family got the news of his death at around 8:50 pm from the police.
Based on the preliminary enquiry and the circumstances of the death, it is suspected that "Padalkar was a victim of ragging", police sources said. "We will question two of his college-mates tomorrow," sources at Government Railway Police, Kalyan said.
With Additional Inputs from PTI
Recommended For You
- Virat Kohli Says Champions Trophy Most Competitive 'Big' Tournament
- Maruti Suzuki Says Most Models to Have Automatic Transmission Options by 2020
- Snapchat 'Custom Stories' Feature Looks Promising For Group Outings
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- All I Want Becomes First Indian Film To Win At Short Film Fest In Cannes