Mumbai: 19-year-old jumps in front of a train after he was allegedly ragged
The engineering student has named two of his fellow students in his suicide note for harassing him for several months.
Mumbai: A second-year engineering student of a Navi Mumbai college committed suicide after allegedly being ragged. The 19-year-old jumped in front of a local train on Friday. He has named two of his fellow students in his suicide note for harassing him for several months.
The victim, Nitin Padalkar, ended his life by jumping before a running train at Kalyan railway station in the neighbouring Thane district on Friday evening, they said. He has allegedly named two of his college-mates for harassing him in a suicide note, police said.
Padalkar, a second-year student of electronics and telecommunications at the Ramrao Adik Institute of Technology in Navi Mumbai, was depressed for quite sometime, police sources said. Nitin left his house in Kalyan at around 6:00 pm on Friday saying that he was going to meet his friends. Later, his family got the news of his death at around 8:50 pm from the police.
Based on the preliminary enquiry and the circumstances of the death, it is suspected that "Padalkar was a victim of ragging", police sources said. "We will question two of his college-mates tomorrow," sources at Government Railway Police, Kalyan said.
With Additional Inputs from PTI
- Excerpts From the Mistry Email Alleges That Ratan Tata was a Behind the Scenes Presence
- Cyrus Mistry's Explosive Email to Tata Board Hints He Was Made a 'Lame Duck'
- Full Text of Cyrus Mistry Interview that Tata Group Scrapped
- Tata Sons Appoints Ralf Speth, N Chandrasekaran on Board
- Philippines' Rodrigo Duterte Wants US Troops Out in Two Years, Willing to Scrap Defence Pacts
- India, New Zealand Sign Three Agreements
- Salman Khan's Bodyguard Shera Faces Assault Charges in Mumbai
- Bigg Boss 10, Day 9: Luxury Budget Task BB Laundry Creates Havoc In The House