DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Mumbai student abducted, murdered by friend
The 20-year-old was allegedly kidnapped and murdered by his friend and his accomplice at Naigaon, Mumbai.
Thane: A 20-year-old son of a civil contractor at Tarapur nuclear plant was allegedly kidnapped and murdered by his friend and his accomplice at Naigaon on the outskirts of Mumbai, police said on Wednesday.
The duo, identified as Kalpesh Soraj (25) and Ravindra Kumar (25), were arrested on Tuesday by Thane rural police on the charges of abduction and murder of Ganesh Sriram, a second year student of Thakur College in suburban Kandivali, on Sunday, Kashimira police station inspector Anil Patil said, adding Kalpesh was shifted to the victim's rented flat in Mira Road only 10 days back.
On August 12, Kalpesh allegedly took Ganesh to Naigoan on the outskirts of the city on the pretext of meeting a friend and then kidnapped him with the help of his accomplice Ravindra Kumar, police said.
The duo then killed him on the same day and then called up his father demanding a ransom of Rs 8 lakh, which was later brought down to Rs 3 lakh, Patil said.
Police said they on Wednesday slapped section 302 (murder) against Ravindra and Kalpesh, who were initially booked under section 363 (punishment for kidnapping) of Indian Penal Code (IPC) among other sections, after Ganesh's body was recovered.
Recommended For You
- This Old Picture Of Shah Rukh Khan, Farah Khan and Karan Johar Is Pure Gold
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- List of Top Five Bikes to Buy in Less Than Rs 1 Lakh: The One That's Meant For You
- Did Priyanka Just Talk About Her Relationship With SRK?
- War Machine Review: Brad Pitt Is Disappointing In This Satire Gone Wrong