Mumbai teen making waves in ice hockey
Sahil Kotian, has emerged as the rising ice hockey star in Australia after signing for a prominent Sydney club.
Melbourne: Sahil Kotian, a Mumbai-born teenager, has emerged as the rising ice hockey star in Australia after signing for a prominent Sydney club.
Sahil has been signed by Sydney Bears to play in the upcoming season for their Midget team and is being hailed as a star in the making.
At 15, Sahil joined the Macquarie Ice Hockey Development Programme and began training. Within a year, his coach Luke McDermont, a former international player, recommended that Sahil was good enough to play directly at the intermediate level for The Midgets.
Sahil got offers from a number of clubs around Sydney but he decided to accept the Bears' offer and play alongside his coach.
The youngster will be competing against teams from all over New South Wales and Canberra.
According to a local Indian newspaper in Sydney, Sahil migrated to Australia with his family in December 2000 at the age of 10.
After skating for two years, it did not take long for Sahil to strap on his ice hockey skates and make a name for himself.
Recommended For You
- I Had Warned BCCI Against Preparing a Dry Pitch: Pune Curator
- Nokia 6, 5, 3, and 3310 Launched at MWC 2017: All You Need to Know
- Sunny Pawar Is Winning Hollywood One Award Ceremony at a Time
- Koffee With Karan: Kapil Sharma's Episode Is Going to Be the Funniest One Ever
- 'Indecision' Review System: India Get 17 Out of 55 Calls Right