Mumbai: Three kids suffocate to death inside parked car
A case of accidental death has been registered in this regard and the bodies were sent for postmortem.
Thane: In a tragic incident, three children, including two siblings, died of suffocation after they got locked inside a car parked at a godown near their house while playing, police said on Thursday. The incident occurred at Kalher village in Thane district. The deceased were identified as Dileep Amar Maji (7), Ruby Amar Maji (5) and Raj Vinodsingh Soni (6), they said.
"The incident occurred on Wednesday, when the children while playing near their house sneaked in one of the new cars parked at a godown nearby and could not come out", Assistant Inspector of Narpoli police station Vijay Malshe told reporters.
The godown is located in the vicinity of the place of residence of the deceased, where new cars meant for delivery are parked in the open ground, he said. Police said parents of the children lodged a complaint on Wednesday night after their search to trace their wards proved futile, following which a team was dispatched to trace the missing kids.
The police team, on the information that the children were seen entering the storehouse, then started checking the place thoroughly and found the trio in one of the cars in the wee hours. A case of accidental death has been registered in this regard and the bodies were sent for postmortem, police said, adding further investigations are on.
- 'Silly' Sam Allardyce Says Error of Judgment Led to Shock Exit
- Karnataka Parties Against Release of Cauvery Water
- Sam Allardyce Exit Leaves England a Laughing Stock Yet Again
- 'Deeply Disappointed' Sam Allardyce Resigns as England Manager
- Collapse of SAARC Summit Unfortunate, Says Mehbooba Mufti
- Talk and Terror Can't Go Together: MEA
- Don't Boycott SAARC Summit, Hold it Without Pakistan: Congress
- Bangladesh Says Decision to Boycott SAARC Summit its Own