Mumbai: Uncle, cousin rape 34-year-old for nine years
The victim claimed she had nobody to take care of and the duo took advantage of her condition.
Mumbai: A woman was allegedly raped by her uncle and cousin for nine years and forced her into flesh trade, police said in Mumbai on Saturday. An FIR was registered on Friday after the 34-year-old victim claimed that she was raped by her uncle Satish Kondekar (45) and Rakesh Kadam (35) at her residence in Grant Road area in south Mumbai, said Ajit Surve, senior inspector at DB Marg police station.
The victim claimed she had nobody to take care of and the duo took advantage of her condition and raped her on several occasions for nine years since 2001, police said. The victim also alleged that she was forcibly taken to Bangalore and Gujarat for flesh trade.
"The victim in her complaint stated Kondekar forced her to leave the house she was staying in and it was given on rent. Since she has no house to stay, she has now been shifted to Deonar women's welfare home," a police officer said.
- Delhi Minister Satyendra Jain Alleges BJP Conspiracy Behind Income Tax Notice
- Lisa Haydon Just Announced Her Marriage to Boyfriend Dino Lalvani
- 'Daring Voice of India's Pride' at UNGA Wins Applause From AAP
- UNGA: Sushma Says Kashmir Integral Part of India; Asks Pakistan To Stop Dreaming
- India's Uri Payback, Pulls Out of Saarc, Has Saarc Itself Become Meaningless?
- Karnataka Defers Cauvery Water Release to Thursday
- SAARC Summit Could be Postponed If India Not Attending: Pakistan
- Collapse of SAARC Summit Unfortunate, Says Mehbooba Mufti