Mumbai: Unidentified persons assault 6-month-old baby
The police had earlier refused to file an FIR, stating that the injury to the girl's private part was caused by a rat bite.
Mumbai: A case of sexual assault was registered against unidentified persons after a six-month-old girl was brought in a profusely bleeding state at a civic-run hospital in Mumbai, police said on Thursday.
On January 27, the bleeding baby girl was brought to the civic-run KEM Hospital. Police were reportedly notified about the case but they refused to register an FIR, stating that the injury to the girl's private part was caused by a rat bite.
As the medical report by the doctors confirmed that there were signs of forceful penetration with an unknown object, an FIR was registered against some unknown persons under section 3 (penetrative sexual assault) of the Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act and IPC section 354 (outraging the modesty of a woman), said Suresh Unawane, senior inspector at Shivaji Park police station in Mumbai.
"There was no delay in filing the FIR. We were waiting for the medical report," Unawane claimed. The baby's mother is a street vendor.
Recommended For You
- Nokia 3310: This is How The Remodeled Unit Will Look Like
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Alia Is Ahead of Sonam in Best Actress Category
- AB de Villiers Breaks Sourav Ganguly's Record
- Fitness Freak Jacqueline Fernandez Loves Trying Different Workout Routines
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology