Mumbai University professors arrested for molestation
The two professors had molested a lecturer, a librarian and a sweeper of the university.
Mumbai: Mumbai Police on Friday arrested two professors of Mumbai University for allegedly molesting three staff members of the varsity, an official said. The arrested are head of the physical training department Bapu Chougule, 57, and assistant professor Nilesh Lohar, 39. They had sought anticipatory bail in a Mumbai sessions court, which was rejected on Friday, police said.
An official from the Bandra Kurla Complex (BKC) police station, who is investigating the case, said that the three victims - a lecturer, 22, a librarian, 21, and a sweeper, 28 - had been molested by the two accused.
"One of the victims sent an online complaint three months ago on the Mumbai police website stating that they were being harassed by the said professors. When the accused came to know about the complaint, they sought anticipatory bail from the sessions court," the official said.
"The sessions court had rejected their bail last week. However, the rejection letters were sent to the police station only Thursday. We have arrested the accused and presented them in court. They have been remanded in judicial custody for 14 days," he added.
- Celebrate Diwali With Pious And Not With Noise
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Movie Review: Soulfully Acted, It'll Strike a Chord With The Audience
- Hosting a Card Party This Diwali? 5 Easy Snack Ideas to Make Your Preparations Easier
- New Zealand Policemen Dance To Salman Khan's Hit Songs To Celebrate Diwali
- PM Modi's Sandesh2Soldiers Drive Draws Over 10 Lakh Messages
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Review: Genuinely Moving Drama With Terrific Performances by its Leads
- Diwali Gifts: Top Cars in India That Are Ideal for It
- PM Modi Likely to Spend Diwali on Indo-Tibetan Border with ITBP Jawans