Mumbai violence: HC rejects plea for special probe
The Bombay High Court questioning the need to hastily transfer the case to another body.
Mumbai: There has been a setback for the victims of the Mumbai Azad Maidan violence. The Bombay High Court has refused to order an investigation by a special agency, questioning the need to hastily transfer the case to another body.
A plea was filed by three victims alleging that the police attempted to murder them and may prejudice the investigation. Two people were killed and 46 were injured in the violence on July 10.
Twenty-three people have been booked for murder and sent to custody in connection with the violence.
Recommended For You
- IPL 2017: Mitchell Starc Ends Association With Virat Kohli and Co.
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More
- Man Purposely Damages Tesla Model S to Save a Life, Gets Compensation
- Running Shaadi Review: It's Weighed Down by Choppy Editing, Inconsistent Screenplay
- Sledging Virat Kohli Will Hurt Us: David Warner