Mumbai women top list of divorcees in India
In Mumbai, 0.4 per cent women opted for divorce in the year 2005-06.
New Delhi: Women from Mumbai top the list of divorcees across the country in the age group of 15 to 49, according to a government survey.
"In Mumbai, 0.4 per cent women in the year 2005-06 have opted for divorce while in Delhi, it is is 0.2. Kolkata and Chennai follow with 0.1 and 0.2 per cent respectively," Union Women and Child development Minister Renuka Chowdhary told Rajya Sabha on Monday, citing the National Family Health Survey.
To empower women, the Central Social Welfare Board of the Ministry implements the 'Awareness Generation Project' and several other programmes for them, she said.
The ministry also conducts a 10 day-camp for economically backward women on issues relating to them, the minister said.
"The Ministry has also various schemes for the welfare of Children. It runs a programme for juvenile justice, an integrated programme for street children, Scheme for welfare of working children, assistance to homes to promote in country adoption and 'dhanalakshmi' - for the girl child with insurance cover," Chowdhary said.
- Philippines President Duterte Does a U-turn, Says Won't Sever US Ties
- Nintendo Switch: Here's Why Twitterati is Relating The Game Console to Porn
- US Has Few Good Options for Response to Philippine President Duterte
- Nintendo Switch Home And Handheld Gaming Modular Console Released
- Ranji Trophy, Group C: J&k Take Lead Vs Andhra; Services Struggle Against Goa
- BCCI Seeks Directives From Lodha Panel on Media Rights Tender
- Centre Forms Three-member Committee to Keep Bird Flu in Check
- Arun Jaitley Calls on Private Sector to Invest, Cites Low Cost of Capital