Murali's mother-in-law wants a tie
Nithiya Ramamurthy is on the horns of a dilemma.
Nithiya Ramamurthy is on the horns of a dilemma. The Chennai-based doctor is not sure whom to support in the World Cup final her home team Sachin Tendulkar's India, or her son-in-law's Sri Lanka?
"To be honest, it is a difficult question. I don't know who to cheer for. I would be happy if the match is tied and both Sri Lanka and India are declared joint winners," Nithiya, legendary spinner Muttiah Muralitharan's mother-in-law, told Mid-Day from Chennai.
Nithiya's daughter Madhi has been married to Muralitharan, a Tamil, since March 2005. They have a five-year-old boy Naren.
Muralitharan's in-laws watched him play in his last Test in Galle last year, an occasion when he also claimed his 800th wicket. They would also be present at the Wankhede Stadium on Saturday to watch the final, which would be the spinner's last ODI.
"My daughter will obviously support her husband's team. And as per Indian tradition, I also have to support my son-in-law. I have to be with my daughter and her family," Nithiya said. "But I also want Sachin Tendulkar to score his 100th ton on Saturday. If that happens, chances of Sri Lanka winning the match will be minimised.
Therefore, I am confused."
Recommended For You
- Sachin Tendulkar Says Virat Kohli and Boys Will Come Back Hard
- Oscars 2017: Why The Sudden Criticism For La La Land Is Disappointing
- WhatsApp Status Update: How to Use it And All You Need to Know
- Malayalam Actor Prithiviraj Writes Powerful Post Apologising for Misogyny in Films
- Rangoon Movie Review: It's Overlong, Indulgent to the Point of Exhaustion